Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owsla
Aug 31, 2003

Where are my bitches?
Got my Epi Valve Jr Monday:

Ordered an Epiphone Dot Deluxe too. It's arrival got delayed 2 days, I was so excited yesterday when the rental office said to come down and pick it up after work.

Gold Grovers, MOP inlay on head, not bad I guess (although a bound head and neck sure would be nice on an $850 list guitar)

:wtc: Got a feeling this won't sound too nice.

Oh and I'm no luthier, but I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be a nut holding the pickguard on here.

This speaks volumes. The loving Epi badge is falling off before I can get the protective plastic off.

So in short, gently caress Epiphone. :smith: (making an exception I suppose for their cheap, easily modded tube amps :) )

I returned the Dot and ordered this instead.

Ibanez Artcore AS83

Should be here Monday or Tuesday, wish me luck. :unsmith:

Owsla fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 8, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owsla
Aug 31, 2003

Where are my bitches?

fwoompf posted:

This took me far far far too long I guess.

Are these too big? I hope they are not too big.

It was worth the wait. Very beautiful man, congratulations!

PoorPeteBest posted:

My Artcore finally arrived! Huzzah:

What's your take on it so far? I love mine so much. :guitar:

Jagdhippo posted:

I've always been curious about this, do the fret inlays actually display something or is it a bunch of random color?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abalone

Short version: It's just random colors.

Owsla
Aug 31, 2003

Where are my bitches?
Oh definitely and interesting that you say that because on the AS83 he was asking about it's got both (mother of pearl outlining the abalone) :c00lbert: