Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beeble
Apr 27, 2004

BEEBLE 09.JUL.14

The glory of the many demands more TECH SUPPORT. I FEEL GLORIOUS!
Two Fender Lace Sensor black/reds and a black/blue to replace the stock pickups in my mexican strat. Got all three for 72 shipped total on ebay. Can't wait til they get here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beeble
Apr 27, 2004

BEEBLE 09.JUL.14

I got bored of the natural color finish

beeble
Apr 27, 2004

BEEBLE 09.JUL.14

mofolotopo posted:

Who's the :downs: supposed to be?

a happy woman holding flowers i found a picture of a couple years back

someone said "fat elton john" is what it looked like so I like that story better

beeble
Apr 27, 2004

BEEBLE 09.JUL.14

Sorry about the lovely camera. My new Agile Al-2800

This is a rondomusic "B Stock", by the way. The b stock damage on this guitar is a scuff no worse than the screen on a lightly used iPod, I didn't even notice until I held it up to a lightbulb. Definitely not enough to justify a 140$ discount from the 310$ price tag, but Kurt is pretty awesome like that.

I was a strat guy before but I think I may have fallen in love.

beeble
Apr 27, 2004

BEEBLE 09.JUL.14

Lobster Johnson posted:

That is stunning. How does it play?

very, very well. it came surprisingly well setup, it intonates a bit flat at the moment but not badly. the neck is very fast and i absolutely love the sound.

beeble
Apr 27, 2004

BEEBLE 09.JUL.14

ptah posted:

vg strat

Awesome! Those things look so cool. How do the synthesized guitar settings sound? Almost organic???

I love how natural that strat looks for a semi-modeling guitar, compared to say a Variax.

beeble fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 13, 2007

beeble
Apr 27, 2004

BEEBLE 09.JUL.14

eBay: Broken big muff pi, no output.

Winning cost: 10 dollars + 10 ship

I fixed one tiny solder connection where the PCB looks like it was burnt or something, and now it works 100%. Though I broke one of the knobs off, but thats ok sometimes its fun to glue poo poo onto things.

20 dollars for a genuine big muff pi (minus battery cover but gently caress it) isn't such a bad deal

Does anyone know how long ago EHX stopped using those kind of knobs and switched to the flat circle ones?

beeble
Apr 27, 2004

BEEBLE 09.JUL.14

Another B-stock Agile. Fat ST-1000, 200 bucks. One tiny little eyebrow sized scratch above the pickguard.

I loving love this thing. I don't think I need to change any parts on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beeble
Apr 27, 2004

BEEBLE 09.JUL.14

American special mahogany hss

Its my first guitar good enough to come with a free hardshell case.
The s1 switch doesnt coil tap the humbucker (doesn't do anything in position 5, actually) which is a disappointment but I really like this guitar anyways.

The fingerprints are mostly from guitar center fingers.