Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archr5
Sep 26, 2003

Trying desperately to be popular since 1982.
Yay I got my first guitar,

signing up for lessons next week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archr5
Sep 26, 2003

Cheap guitar #2 ahoy.

I decided the Epiphone SG Special would be saved for fun while my lessons will be taken on an accoustic.

So i had to run out and get an inexpensive acoustic!

Note the kickass skull guitar strap which i got for basically free because the dude at the store remembered that i had just bought the SG Special a few days ago.

Archr5
Sep 26, 2003

Jeedan posted:

This might be my next purchace, but I cant decide whether its ugly or cool.

I like it. For whatever that's worth.

Archr5
Sep 26, 2003

I can't decide between this:

A new squier "vintage Modified" SSH tele... or
http://archr5.com/images/sqsshvintagemod.jpg

a used but in good shape peavey EXP tele with a HSH configuration...

i can get them for roughly the same price, i'm a beginner for sure but the only electric i still have is a $99 epiphone les paul special and i'd like to have more sound options.

i'm leaning towards the peavey simply because it seems like it'll have a LOT more options for sound, but it's a heavy bitch compared to the squier...

decisions decisions.

Archr5
Sep 26, 2003

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I'm active on the Dean Forums...

The Cadillac is my favorite Dean body style, that thing looks sweet.

Archr5
Sep 26, 2003

ZombiePeanut posted:

Just seems like a shame to cover up any of that wood.

It seems like it would look really good with no pickguard and plain darker gold hardware. If you absolutely must have a pickguard, it kind of seems like creme or white would look better. Also, that engraved hardware looks pretty weird to me.

The grain of the wood and the black pick guard, combined with the engraved hardware, makes it look like an old hunting shotgun to me. If you could get a gunmetal blued color pick guard it would look amazing in my opinion. Not fender's idea of "gunmetal" I mean like blue so dark it may as well be black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archr5
Sep 26, 2003

I got a roland microcube because i was tired of having headphones on my head every time I played...

my microcube lead me to want a little nicer guitar than my $99 epiphone les paul jr.

So I walked around guitar center the other day and spotted this. Which now lives at home with me.

I am amazed how versatile this thing is, it sounds great clean and distorted. and It makes me want to go find Mashed Potatoes Johnson and learn dem blues.

Only registered members can see post attachments!