Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Why yes... I am full of stars!

I sold the rest of mine because I will never play them. (Mine is in trans blue burst.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

#1 of 50. Now the hard part, waiting six months for it to get here.

poxin fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 9, 2007

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Marshall Vintage Modern combo. Musicians Friend took four days of "being packed" before shipping it out. I'm anxious.

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Having finish issues on my Parker snakeskin model, they're changing it out for a new Supreme.

Fractal Audio Axe-FX 2

Yamaha HS80M's

and

I'm never leaving my house again. :rock:

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

I unfortunately haven't gotten to play with the axe-fx yet. Waiting in a queue for shipment.

I thought Behringer made the TRUTH series? The only MAUDIO speakers I've heard are the AV-40's. The Yamaha's definitely blow those away. They are very flat, very clear, and the low end is pretty adequate using the 8" drivers. The room adjustment settings on the back are nice too.

I demoed a few in the same price range locally and to me, they performed the best. Definitely a huge step up from the smaller KRK's I have. Plus, Amazon sells them for $60 cheaper a speaker than retail and musicansfriend/sweetwater.

poxin fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 12, 2012

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

The bad thing about getting the HS80M's is I now have to go back and remix everything! :unsmith:

I thought I had mixed things pretty well on my old setup... nope. It's a huge difference and probably one of the best investments I've made. Don't skimp on monitors!

I didn't actually listen to the HS50M's because I wanted something with a little more low end/extension. I plan to have my Axe-FX plugged directly into the 80's. I've read reviews where they are also a great monitor (the 50's) but obviously a 5" driver vs 8" will have a bit of a difference.

poxin fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 12, 2012

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

El Miguel posted:

Would you listen to music on the HS50's? My BX5A's always did double-duty for me in that regard. Do the EQ switches make a difference in this regard?

What I normally end up doing is use them to mix and then when I want to chill and listen to music fire up something like Winamp and use a custom EQ setting inside that to dial it down a little bit. That way I'm not messing with any of the settings on the monitor itself when I want to go back and mix.

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Holy crap. I'm jealous :) What do you plan to do with them?

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

It finally came! :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

All guitar necks should be made by Parker. I've had a few before in the past but this one is infused by some sort of magic. Haven't been able to put it down :)