Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Mesa/Boogie Stiletto Trident

Tomorrow this shall be mine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

I just got a vintage Tube Driver and a MIJ BF-2 from guitar center for $40. I was happy to say the least.

the rest of the stuff i had before, but this is the only pic i have.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Engine Fortegue posted:

Sup Hot-Rod Pink Crybaby buddy :hfive:, I got mine at a GC in austin for 50 bucks
I got mine for about the same here. Im going to swap the internals out with a 535q soon because it doesnt sound very good, but I love having a pink wah. :)

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

gvonpaul posted:

Yes that's blood.

Your guitar is absolutely gorgeous, but that isn't blood. This is blood :)

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

gvonpaul posted:

My god, that looks brutal.
In my defense I was drunk at that show.

edit: i also play too hard.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Reaganomicon posted:

Were the acoustics just especially good in that slaughterhouse or something? :aaaaa:
All of that actually came from a suprisingly small cut. I broke the high e string by tearing into the side of my thumb, and it just bled for the rest of the set.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

pennywisdom posted:

Can you post some full photos of that guitar? Was that the same one you had earlier with the manifesto all over it?

Good god I loved the look of that thing, find me drat some pictures!
I actually sold that guitar for almost twice what I paid for it. This is a different one.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3 (w/bonus facial expression)

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

vac posted:

What else has that thing been through? Also, what is that (stapled into?) the guitar going from right about the neck pickup ring and down towards the jack?
I throw it around or smash it against things at the end of most of my bands shows. So its been through that.

The wiring for the pickup selector is stapled to the outside of the body because its a solid block of wood and I was too lazy to route out a cavity to run the wires in when I moved the pickup selector to the gibson location on the horn instead of the original place down by the knobs.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

haha thanks dudes, i'll have to post pictures when i finally manage to break it.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

mad for pancakes posted:

Just bought myself this beauty:
My first tube amp, a Crate v32 Palomino 2x12 with 30 watts of Class A heaven.
My friends combined have about a half a dozen of these amps. They are awesome but treat them nicely or they absolutely will break.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

hamaien posted:

I really wish I knew why Line 6 didn't decide to put a reverb stomp switch on this one :smith:

Though it's nice they put a comp switch
The XT Live had a comp switch as well.

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Powerglove posted:

You can set the patch in the software so that the amp stomp switch turns on and off the comp / boost instead of the amp modeling.
this is what i meant

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Theos posted:

Also gonna put a plain white or pearl pick guard on it.
nooo! tortoise on white is my favorite guitar in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiral
Dec 20, 2003

Hammer Floyd posted:

Any comments about Mesa Boogie reliability?
They are generally built like tanks, However I managed to blow out the pre-amp and poweramp section of my Stiletto head and Mesa paid to have it shipped to the nearest dealer and replaced all of the tubes for free. I bought it used and had zero actual warranty coverage on it. So even if it does break, they'll take care of it. Amazing company.