Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractionMan
Dec 24, 2003

Bringing back the balls to Rock
I got this a couple of months ago, and I still love to just look at the shape and colour of it. I'll hopefully be fitting some EMGs in it next year.

The only problem is that i've already got my eyes on another guitar :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractionMan
Dec 24, 2003

Just won the bidding on ebay for this:

Marshall MG250DFX. Should be a nice upgrade from my 15 watt Orange i've been using these past few years. I can't wait for it to arrive so I can realise I bought something far too loud for my practicing needs.

Not mine, but my buddy/guitar teacher just won this 'distressed' Telecaster in a contest. I'm not a Fender man at all, but the story behind it and the sound are both pretty drat fun.

How they distressed it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=j6I7pMjDke8
It now has the used shotgun shells they fired at it glued to the volume and tone knobs.

FractionMan
Dec 24, 2003

After missing the delivery guy twice (the first time when I was home all day somehow..) My amp finally arrived!

It's the big Marshall under the small Marshall, and in front of the not so small Orange. I'm impressed with it so far for the price I paid. It's bigger than I was expecting it to be, but that's hardly an issue.

FractionMan
Dec 24, 2003

I got myself a Toneport GX since I just got done with all my university assignments and felt like rewarding myseld, and in the day or so i've had it I think it's more than worth it's price. I'm not great at guitar, but I love to play around with settings, amp models and effects, and the Gearbox software has plenty for me to play about with.
Here's clip I recorded to give myself an idea of how it sounds, hopefully with a little tweaking of simulation settings I can get it to sound a lot nicer.