Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OCG
Jul 15, 2004
I got this a couple of months ago, but it does qualify as one of my two most recent gear purchases:

It's a Gibson GA-5 "Skylark" amp from sometime between 1957-1961. It's a very simple class A 5-watt amp whose circuitry is almost identical to the late fifties tweed Champs. It's amazingly loud when used for harmonica. It's also the best sounding amp I've ever played harmonica through. I think it even beats out the couple of mid-sixties blackface Fender Champs that I've played through before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OCG
Jul 15, 2004
I made a couple of additions to my drumset yesterday:

Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute

The guy who had this before stole it from the shop and carved his initials into it. You can see them in the pic. It's basically a new snare with those letters carved into it, and the shop knocked $170 off the normal price because of it. It's an amazing sounding snare, with a thick, warm tone that sounds good no matter how it's tuned.

Zildjian K Custom 20" Medium Ride

Got this as an alternative to my A Custom Ping Ride. It's a nice change after that ride. This one is much darker and less overpowering.

My Current Drumset

It's a Yamaha Stage Custom set with mostly A Custom cymbals.