Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UberNoke
Jul 20, 2004

Are you injecting dope into your scrotum!? You can tell me! I’m hip!

wassail yall posted:

Funny this should come up today...
I just ordered something on ebay today as well.

A used Tribute G&L L-2000. I'm generally not a big fan of red for Bass, but at $350 I couldn't pass it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberNoke
Jul 20, 2004

crud junction posted:

Booya 999 from bass central... I love it. Really comfortable coming from a 5 string spector.

What is this? It looks like a regular precision bass but with an extra pickup from the Big Block Precision. The fourth knob leads me to think it's active? If it were passive I would love to purchase one of these to replace that humbucker with a Dark Star. Regardless, it's a great looking bass.

UberNoke fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Mar 27, 2007

UberNoke
Jul 20, 2004

Ichron posted:

Something came in the mail today. What could it be? We know 1 thing for sure...

Any guesses yet? This narrows it down some.

Getting closer...

There it is!

Looks like I'm number 175.

Congrats man, those El Diablo's are true beauties. Pictures don't even do them justice.

UberNoke
Jul 20, 2004

stun runner posted:

Okay, my bass has three knobs... can someone explain what the rest of these do?

I believe "The Godfather" had high and low pass filters for each string, which would account for most of those knobs. Phil Lesh was playing a speaker system for awhile that would send the output from each string to different speaker configurations, something only made possible by Alembic's massive modifications of his Starfire.