Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
Upgraded from my first amp, a Behringer V-Tone GMX212 Combo amp

to this badboy:

Vox AD100VTH Head + Vox V412K Cabinet. The cabinet may weigh 80 lbs, and I may break my back carrying it around, but I'd much rather hurt myself carrying this around than that Behringer.

Sitting in the living room with my guitar taken on my lovely cameraphone:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

FlossMan posted:

I own the AD15VT, and I have to say that Vox's modeling amps are the only ones I'd find myself using. They really do sound amazing.

I spent hours researching the best deal and nearly bought an all-tube Fender Deville, but after looking into Vox a bit, I found that halfstack for a reasonable price and jumped right on. I've only heard good things about Vox and for $700 I wasn't about to pass up probably the best rig for my needs within my budget. Being an owner of a Vox modeling amp, are there any little tips you have for finding cool tones, etc?

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Uncle Caveman posted:

Turn off the built-in noise reduction - it sounds terrible. The manual tells you how in the effects section.

Leave the master volume knob wide open and control the level with the wattage knob on the back. It sounds a bit brighter & more open this way. Use the volume & gain knobs to control distortion (more gain & less volume for dirty, opposite for clean).

Spend some time with each of the models, not just the ones that are based on your favorite amps. All I cared about at first were the AC30 & Fender models, but the UK '80s and Boutique Dirty have really grown on me.

Thanks for the advice :) I'm at work, so I can't check - is the noise reduction on by default? - Nevermind, figured it out!

I've been messing around with the wattage knob as volume control a little bit and liking the results. I've found that the best model for clean is the Tweed 4x10 with a hint of reverb. I'm starting to figure it out, but at first the controls are a bit confusing - for example, when I have the model on UK 80's or US Higain (Fender, if I'm not mistaken), the preset is distorted. Can I make that clean, or would I just have to turn the gain down as much as possible while cranking the channel volume?

torb main fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 6, 2007