Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ego munchin
Aug 3, 2004

RSPsych0 posted:

Just bought this a couple days ago, and I love it.

drat, since when did Epiphone start filling their LP bodies with lead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ego munchin
Aug 3, 2004

RSPsych0 posted:

Huh?
It looked like the weight of it was deforming your spine in that picture...

ego munchin
Aug 3, 2004

RSPsych0 posted:

The bad posture was my attempt at rocking out. It is a heavier guitar than I'm used to, but it isn't that bad.
Yeah, and that bad joke was my attempt at being funny. I've played that same model, it is beast compared to anything that I have.

ego munchin
Aug 3, 2004

This arrived over the weekend compliments of eBay:

2004 CIJ Jazzmaster in pretty much immaculate condition. The color is semi-transparent, with an almost purplish hue it seems; much better than an opaque white, I think. I'm still tweaking the setup (the truss rod adjustments were a pain) but I can't say I'm not thrilled with it.

ego munchin
Aug 3, 2004

Minto Took posted:

'Sup, Jazzmaster buddy? :cool:

3-tone sunburst reissue owner here. I can't really tell by the bridge in the photo, but consider swapping the stocker out for a tune-o-matic as I'm sure many people will and have already said so.
Yeah, the hate for the Jazzmaster bridge is pretty ubiquitous online, but I'ma give a shot, at least for a little while. For now, I'm worrying about fitting the nut to some flatwound 11's. The first set I had on, the E and A strings were too fat for it. I don't know if I'm brave enough to tackle that job myself though...

ego munchin
Aug 3, 2004

Pyrthas posted:

I've posted this in some other threads (like the guitars that you like thread), but now I get to post it here, which is awfully exciting. Should be here next Friday.

1936 Epiphone Deluxe

There's just about nothing I'd change even if I could.
Well, you could throw on a neck mount pickup... but drat, that is very nice. Just curious, do you know what the depth (thickness) of the body is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ego munchin
Aug 3, 2004

magnificent7 posted:

I got this thing yesterday after lusting forever. I need to learn about the thing now. I debated between an H2 and H4, but in the end, why do I need two more inputs?

Yeah, it is amazingly handy and pretty simple to use (so says my dad, he has one). He uses it for like, everything. He records himself practicing, rips vinyls to MP3, records live shows/jam sessions. It sounds pretty drat good too for just plopping it down in the middle of a room.