Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.
My new baby :cool:

thats on backorder for 90 days :smith:

5 internet points to the first person who figures out whats special about it. aside from the fact that it is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

Mighty Scoop posted:

Can anyone recommend some companies that make baritone guitars? I'm starting to seriously consider one; putting giant-rear end strings on my guitars to compensate for C standard tuning is starting to get old.

I actually keep meaning to post it in the thread (dont have a camera at the moment) but I have been nothing but happy with my Fender Baritone Special Jag. New pickups are planned for down the road, but other than that, it plays beautifully, and just absolutely refuses to go out of tune.

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

unprofessional posted:

If anybody's interested, I could detail some of the difficulties I've had, but for now, here's some near-completed shots.

I would love to see/hear a step-by-step if it wouldnt be too much trouble, as that thing looks beautiful.

as far as super super recent purchases go, all ive picked up are a set of these:

for my thug bass

but since i just got a new camera, i could take pictures of all the new crap myself and my roommates have picked up over the last couple of months, but those would probably work better in the pyfender thread.

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

Uncle Caveman posted:

drat, those Alumitone pickups look scientifically rad. Though you say "really clean," do they sound sterile at all? That was the only thing I didn't like about the Strat Lace Sensors. :(

A buddy of mine who is one of the preeminent blues cats around here has an early 90s Hamer (of all things) with a set of the alumitones in it, and they sound downright magical. there is certainly a difference between them and, say, old strat pickups, but they are certainly more than worth the money.

EDIT: Im pretty sure this is the guitar. not my favorite song of theirs, and the sound quality is far from great, but you can sort of get an idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwpkXUEOtn0

Captain Organ fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 16, 2007

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

The Apathy Party posted:

I just ordered one of these from my local guitar shop.

I cant wait.

so i had no idea what this did, and then i went to the website, and i want this RIGHT loving NOW oh god

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.
more importantly, why do you have 36 toggle switches on your pedal board?

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

CmdrSmirnoff posted:

The Windsor clips are killer, I'm really impressed by what that little guy is capable of. To be honest I wasn't nearly as impressed by the Univalve clips, but that amp is totally customizable to the user's tastes so whatever works for you.

the windsor really is a great amp for the money, but like many vintage british-style amps, it really only comes into its own once you get those power tubes singing. From 1-4 on the master volume it's sort of on the lower end of decent (to my ears), but after that it just gets better and better. You could do a lot worse for the cash, that's for sure.

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

Carbohydrates posted:

Yay, it's done!

that is gaudy and wonderful and i love it.

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

Zakalwe posted:

Goddamnit Agreed I thought we talked about this :mad:

yeah I think it's pretty official that you have a problem mang.

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

Trellio posted:

Hey, I've got a question for you guys about buying gear online. My bass amp is kind of going on the fritz and, while I'm going to get it looked at and HOPEFULLY get it fixed, are there any sites (besides MusiciansFriend) that are good places to get combo amps on a good deal? Kind of a rondomusic for amps?

Thanks.

I'd check out craigslist if I were you, maybe look up a music-go-round if theres one in your area. Other than that, music123.com and zzounds.com are the other two big online stores. How much are you looking to spend?

e: oh and what kind of music do you play?

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

GrAviTy84 posted:

My Ernie Ball Volume Pedal is dead. The pot is scratchy, it doesn't go to zero volume, and it's been tone sucking like mad. I don't really want to pay the money for a new pot when I'm just going to have to get another one in a year. I'm thinking about getting a Morley Little Alligator, anyone use this? Tone suck problems? Any other volume pedal recommendations?

I will buy your broken volume pedal for 10 bucks that will be a good start towards that morley

isnt a new pot like 3 bucks man

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.
how long? I imagine there has got to be somebody online who will sell for cheaper than that.

There looks to be an allen slot on the brass pulley too, is it removable?

As far as the morley, I have no idea about the new ones, but i have an old 3-in-one that is garbage and a half. The alligators do get decent reviews, though.

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

Scarf posted:

Ok I think I get what you're saying here. Because it's POST eq, my B2R's pre has already added it's coloring or whatever to the input of the VT Bass. Therefore it won't color the output of the pedal.

Right?

No, I think he's just saying to plug your chain (with the VT at the end) directly into the return of the effects loop, that way you are completely bypassing the tone stack and running the VT as your preamp, with your other effects running into it instead of the front of the amp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Organ
Sep 9, 2004
cooter. snooper.

ZombiePeanut posted:

at least I'm not the only one who thought it was a roland before seeing the boss logo.

and with good reason, too...

I actually had one (the boss, not the original) for a while and loved the hell out of it, but just don't play enough guitar to justify keeping it.

For a fun trick, run a wahed fuzzed bass (or guitar) through it with the tap tempo at 130 bpm+ and the repeat knob a touch past halfway. It sounds unholy and wonderful.