Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

wassail yall posted:

Well, technically I bought it (with my ebay account and paypal) but it's my roommate's money...

upgraded with a Celestion speaker and a volume box so he can play it with the tubes heated at a lower volume while practicing at home.

Oh man. Awesome choice. I was in a band in college with a guy who owned this (or maybe a previous iteration of it) and the thing was ridiculously versatile.

By the way, how is that George Porter PBass project of yours coming along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Big Face posted:

Gonna look nice on my sunburst.

Looks nice. What brand is that?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Juaguocio posted:

Got my Shuttle 9.0 in the mail the other day.

It smokes my GK. Louder, fatter, deeper, better EQ, plus it's smaller and lighter. It doesn't feel like this should be possible. :psyduck:

Wow. That thing is tiny. And it has tubes too? That's amazing.

I thought my Little Mark II was light...

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Mr. Toad posted:

A mysterious guitar body sized package arrived at my house prior to the weekend. Inside was this Ibanez JEM body swirled by Alan Lee. Now to sort out a neck and hardware. Should be a fun build.

What are the neck heel dimensions on that thing? Do you have to get a JEM-specific neck or can you use something like a Warmoth aftermarket neck?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Afterburner posted:

Buying this soon, Hartke 3500 300w 2x10:

I hate to be a party-pooper, but how set are you on this Hartke combo? I'm biased since I had a terrible time with one of their 115 combos, which was both heavy and badly-constructed. The premium Hartke gear seems pretty solid, but they seem to skimp when it comes to their more affordable offerings.

Hartke is also not the most straightforward company when it comes to power ratings.

Even if you're on a budget, I would think there has to be better stuff out there.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Scarf posted:

Nice!

By the way, Eastwood just released their remake of the Magnum I.

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/Bass/magnumBass/magnumBass_frm.htm

How is Eastwood's build quality?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Is he trying to sell them as production headphone monitors? I thought the intended target audience for those headphones would like having that massively heavy bass. I got the impression they were either for DJing or personal listening, when (I imagine) having a flat EQ curve isn't a must.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Paramemetic posted:

I've been scheming to get my hands on one ever since. My father beat me to it, though, and for my birthday got me another build it yourself kit, this time a 1972 Thinline! I finished assembly yesterday, played it late into the night, and then woke up and started playing again.

What brand kit is that?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

88h88 posted:

The speakers are Bill Fitzmaurice designs, horns. http://billfitzmaurice.net/ The subs are the Titan 39s (with premium driver) and the tops are Omnitop 12s (base level driver and melded array for wide angle dispersion) if you want to see.

How good are your carpentry skills? Everytime I read about Bill Fitzmaurice's designs, they mention that the most efficient and technologically advanced of his designs are for pretty experienced woodworkers. It looks like you went with slightly less difficult designs, but I wonder how accurate his 1-10 difficulty scale is.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

C.C.C.P. posted:

So, I ordered a Daphne Blue strat body from Guitar Fetish,

I was going to ask if you checked about whether those bodies will have the right measurements in the neck pocket, but the site says they do.

What exactly is the procedure for drilling all the mounting holes for the bridge correctly? It looks like none of those bodies have bridge holes pre-drilled.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

communistdew posted:

I went to Goodwill and found this thing for $1.99.

Deal! Time to drone.

What exactly is that? How would you use it to create droning?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Thorpe posted:

I just got an Ibanez RGA8!

Looks like theres a little assembly here...

I plan on throwing in a set of Dimarzio Dactivators, 5 way switch and some fancy wiring. If I feel up to it later on I'm going to strip it down and paint it and the headstock white. I've missed having an 8 string in my life.

Why did you get it disassembled? And where from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Just to hop on to the "badger FancyMike" train, how does that Sound City bass head work out for guitar? Are they like Fender Bassmans?