Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

A Fulltone OCD overdrive pedal, and...

A Keeley-modded TS-9 (Plus mod, for those who care)

I love my new purchases. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

juan chaos posted:

No, but I guess if I ever need to play the intro to Dire Strait's "Money for Nothing" I know where to look.

The DM-3 isn't all that impressive actually. I spent a lot of time going between a Boss DD-2 and the DM-3 and they're not too different.

Except for the wonderful fact that it's an analog delay. Digital delays have their place, but there's nothing like the warmth of good ol' bucket-brigade electronics.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

juan chaos posted:

this is what I'm getting pretty soon. Anybody wanna guess what it is? (The site won't help you)

A juicer? I know I sometimes wish I had delicious, fresh orange juice when playing onstage...

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

A set of Lace Sensor Hot Golds for my beloved Strat. While his stock pickups were nice, these are far better-sounding. For the record, I got the set with the Hot Bridge, as well. :fappery:

Not really a "piece of new gear," but while he was installing the pickups, I had my friend wire the middle-pup tone control to the bridge pickup, since I never messed with the middle's tone, anyway.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

You're drat right it's in TV Yellow, and I got a purple velvet strap to go with it. :D

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

schrag posted:

Sup TV Yellow buddy.

TV Yellow is drat :coal:

Holy loving poo poo. I've got that same strap on my Strat right now. Clearly we have to join forces and form a band the likes of which no one has ever dreamed of/cared about. :D

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Alman posted:

Upgraded from my first amp, a Behringer V-Tone GMX212 Combo amp

to this badboy:

Vox AD100VTH Head + Vox V412K Cabinet. The cabinet may weigh 80 lbs, and I may break my back carrying it around, but I'd much rather hurt myself carrying this around than that Behringer.

Sitting in the living room with my guitar taken on my lovely cameraphone:

I own the AD15VT, and I have to say that Vox's modeling amps are the only ones I'd find myself using. They really do sound amazing.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

The Dark Wind posted:

I just bought a PodXT and I'm waiting for it to arrive.

I've heard lots of great things, I just hope the learning curve isn't as steep as some people make it out to be.

Hate to tell you, but the curve is pretty steep. Granted, not impossible, just make sure to set aside an afternoon or two to learn the thing. It comes with some decent presets out of the box, but it really sounds amazing when you learn how to work each amp model properly.

That said, you made a good purchase, grasshopper.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Engine Fortegue posted:

The optional foot-board is worth every penny.

The man cannot stress this enough. I bought the FBV Express, and it's invaluable. The Shortboard is, in my opinion, a mite bit too expensive.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Uncle Caveman posted:

Imagine a lefty guitarist playing a right-handed reverse Firebird on the same stage as a righty guitarist playing a left-handed non-reverse 'bird. :psypop:

That, my friends, is what the face of God would look like.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

I'm just going to count all the pedals I got in the past few months, as well as my new pickups, to be "new gear." Also, I want an excuse to post this picture.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

GeminiZer0 posted:

Oh my god. I want to vacuum that room so bad.

I get the point. :mad:

;) I'm working on it, I just spend all my time at work lately, so vacuuming has taken the back seat.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

mono posted:

I've got the Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups in my Tele, they sound awesome.

I have a buddy that just got a tele with those in them... he loves the sound, but he says they're pretty weak output. I have no personal experience, though.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

My baby just came today. One end is a silicon-based Rangemaster clone. The other end is a germanium-based Fuzz Face clone. In between? loving heaven.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Drazzy posted:

Got this Behringer X V-AMP effects pedal for dirt cheap from a neighbour who has family ties to a local music store. It's definitely worth the $40 I paid for it, haha.

Out of curiosity, is it made of metal or plastic?

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

With the arrival of my PedalTrain and the Pedal Power... it's finally complete!

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

juan chaos posted:

Have you tried mounting the PP2 to the underside of the pedaltrain jr? I've seen a few pictures of some really good mods to the PTjr that makes it look very sleek.

I'd have to use a dremel, which I don't trust myself with. Right now it works. :)

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

juan chaos posted:

It's an awesome setup though. I think the OCD runs on 18v right? I think the PP2 can put out 18v.

Right now it's at 12v (along with the tube screamer) while I'm waiting for the y-cable that will let me chain two 9v ports together. :D But it sounds better at 12 than at 9... I can only imagine how awesome 18 will sound.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

juan chaos posted:

I've been told that running the pedal at 18v increases the headroom and contains the same sort of gain texture you would get if you were to seriously crank your amp. Something that a lot of dirt pedals suffer from is totally flubbing out when you crank your amp, but the OCD at 18v is supposed to retain a low-volume quality as well.

This is very true, even at 12v. I recommend this pedal highly. Buy it, you know you want to. :D

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

I scored a brand-new Epi Valve Junior for $90. Pictures coming soon, after I'm done drooling over how amazing this amp sounds.

:fap:

Also... new locking tuners for Chester.

FlossMan fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 10, 2007

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

ptah posted:

You, sir, are a jerk.

oh god post some clips please sir

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Uncle Caveman posted:

Oh, now, you can't post something like that and not tell us what the hell it does! :f5:

Circuit bending! All sorts of crazy noises.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Pablo Gigante posted:

Brand new Vox AC-15, just purchased today. She sounds heavenly :swoon:

Of course, to pay for that, he sold me this:

(The amp, mind you, not the Pod. I'm just using that in between the preamp and power amp as a volume control/delay pedal)

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

toadee posted:

I have no use for it, but I really really want a Thingamagoop. God drat that makes some awesome sounds.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Lord Fizzlebottom posted:

I replaced the pickups, switch, controls, bridge, and tuning machines.

It sounds loving amazing now. You should be able to grab a pretty cheap one somewhere like ebay.

Oh, you loving tease...

I've always had a hard-on for Danos, and I don't know why.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Zakalwe posted:

Tidy up your clothes young man or I'm confiscating your guitar gear :mad:

Then don't look at pictures of my gear that was taken in my room.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Soon my baby will be here...

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Engine Fortegue posted:

Holy poo poo is that a double neck mosrite?!

I believe so, good sir. I think I'd give my firstborn to be able to jam on one of those things... I played a single-neck Mosrite, and... oh man. :fap:

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

magnificent7 posted:

I have no idea what that is but drat it made me laugh. "I have a Timmy! pedal. Sort of a Wah-Tremolo pedal thing"

It's an overdrive/boost pedal. It's got a "big brother" named the Tim. :D

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

magnificent7 posted:

So then it's NOT a reference to TIMMAAY! from South Park? That would have been cooler. But what do I know.

For all I know, it could be. Regardless, it's a drat cool pedal and I want one. :(

I also think a pedal painted with the picture of a retard in a wheelchair would be worth owning just for the look, even if it sounded like poo poo.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Revvik posted:

this better not cost any more than $100 on the justification that it makes music that sounds like Avril Lavigne's.

Hey hey! You you! You're gonna buy my guitar!

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Bartillier posted:

this will be my fifth guitar amp :) And i think also the final one :)

You will not be disappointed.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

GHOST OF TAE-BO posted:

what's the second out labeled 'mixer?' is that just a bypass?

It's got an amp/cabinet sim on that output so you can run straight to the board without an amp. I've got a couple digitech pedals with that, and it's, frankly, crap.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

$239 "as-is." What was wrong with it? Needed new power tubes. That's it.

And, yes, I've jumpered the channels. I like how it sounds. :D

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Engine Fortegue posted:

How does this work, and what does it do, exactly?

From what I understand, it cascades the channels into each other. You get a bit more saturation, and both sets of tone controls affect each other. It makes the sound a bit more "complex" to my ears.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Chows posted:

The two inputs for each channel are connected in parallel, so it's the same as if you had a y-split cable from your guitar. The channels aren't cascaded but you are running them both at once.

Okay, this. I feel like an idiot. :downs:

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

So, I got a new set of the tubes for the bassman. They sound awesome, however, I think I still prefer my Hot Rod Deluxe. The Bassman sounds great and has a vintage vibe, but there's something "more" to my HRD. A little extra "weight" behind each note, if that makes sense. It may be because I have my power tubes biased kinda hot, whereas the Bassman is a fixed-bias amp, and they idle a bit cold.

Who knows.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

warwick5s posted:

(and yes, the frontman in that band IS wearing a dark Spiderman costume, why do you ask?)

This, combined with your drummer's hat, makes me want to drive wherever I can to see you guys.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

warwick5s posted:

:spidey: Also note the red white and blue keytar propped against the keyboard stand. :spidey:

Unfortunately they're in Chicago and I'm in Madison, so I'm just kind of spot starting until they find another bass player.

Good stuff though: http://www.myspace.com/moderndaysavagemusic

Well, poo poo, my neck of the woods (kinda). I'm in Milwaukee, so I may just find the time to see them one of these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Spiral posted:

I just got a vintage Tube Driver and a MIJ BF-2 from guitar center for $40. I was happy to say the least.

the rest of the stuff i had before, but this is the only pic i have.

That's what I love about guitar center... sometimes they have no clue what they're selling and let it go for insanely low prices.