Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy
I just got one of these for my 21st birthday.

It sounds as good as it looks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy

juicy_J posted:

What is that? The top wood looks interesting.

Its a Cole Clark FL-1. According to their website, the top is either Bunya, an Australian wood, or Spruce. The sides are Queensland Maple and look awesome. All Cole Clark guitars are made entirely from Australian timber.

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy
I just ordered one of these from my local guitar shop.

I cant wait.

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy

3toes posted:

What does it do?

I may as well just quote the website.

"In addition to astoundingly new effects, the Chopper will produce the ultimate versions of traditional effects such as tremolo, auto pan and Leslie (rotating cabinet) effects, but all with a key difference- the frequency of the effects can be varied with the on-board pedal unit. No additional expression pedal is needed."
website here

There are samples on the site but some of them are just stupid and annoying. One of them is apparently a delay emulation which sounds almost nothing like a delay...
The panning and tremolo effects are what interested me. The Leslie effect would be fun too.

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy
My gig-fx chopper just arrived! If anyone is interested i can upload some samples of it in action.

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy

3toes posted:

YES!

I think I may have posted too soon, this pedal takes some getting used to.
I should have some samples up by this time tomorrow.

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy
Ok here we go. Sorry for the delay. I'm still getting used to the pedal so these aren't the best examples of what it can do.

First off, helicopter noises!

Now some Wah and sloppy playing

A little more of the same settings.

Distortion time.

Clean.

The chopper is capable of more than this, I'm just not very good with it yet.
Hopefully i will come up with some better samples over the weekend

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy
I managed to find one of these bad boys for sale in Brisbane and I just couldn't pass it up!

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy

The Gasmask posted:

Just got this in the mail today:

Fractal Audio Axe-Fx Ultra

I'm currently in the process of setting up a new rack (i've been lazy and had my few rack pieces just laying about), so when that happens I'll update the pic with a real one. This is pretty much the prize piece of my studio now, since I've had to deal with two separate things breaking (a BLUE Mouse mic and my BlueSky ProDesk monitors...:().

I'm hoping to slowly build my studio back up, and I wanted something that could cover any and all guitar sounds in both studio and live settings. The Axe pretty much covers both, with some interesting uses in-between (the effects are equal-or-better-than the Eventide and T.C. processors currently out). I've only got to play through the monitors so far, but I'm loving the sound of it. It's definitely not for the non-tweaker though. Just like working with a real amp, you need to build your sound from the ground up, unlike a POD or GT8 where you spin a few knobs and have a pre-processed sound.

It's really so deep it'll take me 50 hours of use to understand and be able to review it, but even now I can tell the complexity is worth it.

You will not regret it. My Ultra is the best piece of gear I have ever owned. The only way I would ever part with it would be if I bought an AXE II...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Apathy Party
Nov 7, 2005
lost to apathy
My new wife bought me this as a wedding present. I've been drooling over my mates new Telecaster and have always wanted a semi-hollow, so she chose well!
I used to have a bias against Squiers, but I cant put this thing down, it's awesome!