Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arthur
Nov 28, 2005

It's like those miserable psalms, they're so depressing...
My christmas present to myself:

Thomann were doing a decent price on the original (non expanded, I don't need the extra bits) version, so I thought why not!
I've never used a decent orchestral library before, and holy poo poo am I impressed so far. Bit of a learning curve on the thing though mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthur
Nov 28, 2005

Just got it today because it was (a bit) cheaper at the sounds expo in London I went to today (any other UK goons been/going to that by the way?)

I've resisted the immense temptation to smash the m-audio quattro it's replacing to bits for being such a piece of poo poo, I guess I might ebay it or something slightly more productive.

Arthur
Nov 28, 2005

Jeedan posted:

Thanks for DASHING MY DREAMS gak, Now I've got to sort out mailing this fucker back. Someone better pay for this :mad:

You should be alright - I've found that gak are reasonable as long as you actually phone them up to order or do customer service stuff, their website staff are useless and never actually seem to talk to the people actually sending things out. I tend to order from people like thomann or dolphin music nowadays because they actually seem capable of getting it right from whatever angle...

Arthur
Nov 28, 2005

toadee posted:

There I was happy in my little softsynth world and you had to go posting something like this :smith:

That's great. Do post more about it when it's done!

Arthur
Nov 28, 2005

Cyne posted:

It is an ambition of mine to one day own one of these, as they just look so drat awesome.

Arthur
Nov 28, 2005

Why hello there.

Should keep me occupied for a while!

Arthur
Nov 28, 2005

I realised I'd wanted a Virus for about 10 years, so I figured that particular itch wasn't going to go away. Needless to say it's a fantastic bit of kit!

Arthur
Nov 28, 2005

I've been a huge fan of Atmosphere for ages so to upgrade to this was something I've been looking forward to for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthur
Nov 28, 2005

moron posted:

Ohhhhh....how is it? The demos sound very impressive, but I was concerned it'd be just too complex to use.....it sounds like a bit of a headfuck.

It's a little intimidating because of the sheer size of it. The sound libarary is the biggest of anything else I own without a doubt.

As for the complexity of the rest of it.. I was a little confused at first but since playing with it over the weekend so far I've started to get to grips with it. They have a pretty neat system of a main 'overview', then you can sort of zoom into individual settings to edit them in more detail if you want to, like modulation routings. You can graphically edit the envelopes too, which is nice. The arpeggiator is an absolute beast as well, I've been using it more like a step sequencer for my messing around so far.

Despite all that though, all the things I've done sound utterly poo poo compared to the factory sounds so far :v: