Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Walter posted:

Just bought one of these myself, today. I took my e-mandolin with me and tried it and a Deville out, and preferred this, at least partly for the weight. If I need more sound, I have a second amplifer cabinet with 2 Vintage 30s I can plug in. If I actually need more sound, that is. This amp is incredibly loud, and just now I cranked it up (on the clean channel) and got the best overdriven distorted sound I've ever gotten on an amplifier.

They're not the most expensive out there, but I really like this thing's tone.

I also have one of these, and oh my god they can get so loud. I get a really good clean sound out of it without it being too quiet either. I didn't really buy it for the overdrive, but rather for the improved bass responce. But oh my, once I turn it at like 6 and it starts to breakup, and I click the Big Muff on? AAAAAAAAAH :gizz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

I'm lazy, but I just got a DD-20 Gigadelay.

23 seconds of looping feedback textures never sounded so AWESOME or sprawling.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Captain Organ posted:

My new baby :cool:

thats on backorder for 90 days :smith:

5 internet points to the first person who figures out whats special about it. aside from the fact that it is beautiful.

Sup Jaguar Special black-and-chrome buddy!

It plays like a beauty. Run it through a big muff pedal and I dare you not to :gizz: at your first chord.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Sweet jesus, that thing looks so cool. How does it sound?

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

That Guy From Pearldiver posted:

While I love talkbass, the folks in their effects forum are kinda elitest pricks. I would rather have "Sound Great and built like a tank" rather than "Sounds :gizz: and fragile like a egg"

I use to moderate that forum thank you very much <:mad:>

I kid. It's true.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

I got an Aquarian SuperKickII today, and my bass drum sound SO much better, plus no blanket needed!

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

That Guy From Pearldiver posted:

That is a really slick unit. Any idea if it could drive a 1x15 also? If so my search for live rig may forever be done.

I've seen GK deals in musiciansfriend, and pictures of people running that 2x10 combo and a 15, so yes. Yes it can.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

JohnnySmitch posted:

A limited edition Ampeg BA-112 bass amp. Supposedly, Ampeg only produced these ones with the diamond toltex covering to give to their dealers as a gift or something. I managed to snag one from Craiglist in perfect condition for a great price. I'm just happy to finally have a bass amp to play my 2 basses through - for the longest time I've just been playing through my PA or direct into my computer.

Sup Ampeg BA combo owner. I have a B3-158. It's sweet, even with the broke pot shaft, and I love it and it's tone to pieces.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Walter posted:

Just got one of these. Going for that Andy Summers sound, and this one does it pretty well. Aside from a Tubescreamer and an OD-2, my pedalboard is pretty much complete.

Oh man, you want andy summers? Put the effect level at 3 O Clock, EQ halfway between 3 and 4 o clock, rate at 9 o clock, and depth somewhere from 2 to 3 o clock, use the stereo out on the pedal, you just saved yourself 300 bucks for the jazz chorus sound.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

everyone whose been in a 5 block radius of the Hot Rod posted:

JESUS loving CHRIST MY EARS!

I heard part of the reason it's so drat loud is that Fender used a Linear pot for the master volume instead of an audio, so all of the wattage is from 1-5.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

ScooterMcTiny posted:

I decided to get a new bass rig:

Sansamp BDDI
Korg DT-10
Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
GK 700RBII
Ampeg SVT-15E

How much did the head+cab cost you, and how many watts? I've been thinking about a new rig lately, one that's small, portable, and around 300 watts, and that looks definitely like the kind I want.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

While not new (we were asked by a friend of the family to store this back in 2003, because he bought a new electric kit and just wanted it out of the house) I recently moved it out of the basement and up into my study/room where the rest of my music crap is. I actually learned how to play drums on this thing 5 years ago, so it's been well played. Unfortunately though, the right cymbal trigger has stopped working, and the left cymbal is on it's last legs. I think I might build my own triggers using that thread someone made a while back as a guide...

Oh, and the reason why I moved the kit upstairs? The same guy was cleaning out his garage, and asked us if we wanted a free Hammond Organ :dance:. Hopefully the next pictures I post will be it.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

pennywisdom posted:

I want to make love this loving guitar right now.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Order this big rear end black box about a week ago. Should be here in the next day or so.

But this means that I have to find a head to go with it, and play the waiting game. I'm looking at a used Ampeg solid state, the B2RE if possible.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Picture this head

on this cab

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Stux posted:

You forgot to mention that you are allowed to put effects you make onto modules and then sell them, and that line6 supports this.

Ok, my respect for line 6 has gone up ten-fold.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

I'll give you guys a teaser.

I'm not sure my newest purchase will be able to fit inside my car.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

warwick5s posted:

Upright.

ding ding ding.

Although gently caress I want that modular synth now.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

warwick5s posted:

What'd you get?

I sold my Engelhart a while ago and am currently upright-less. Sucks, but after I move I think I'm going to get an Upton.

A Shen hybrid.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

DaFuente posted:

This isn't a picture of the ACTUAL keyboard I just bought (can't remember where I put my camera) , but...

$400. I repeat. $400.

Today is a good day.

MY friend got one for

free. Yes, free. At a yard sale because he mentioned to the sellers he played keyboard.

They had one in their basement and took it out because they're grandma bought it and played it once in a while. After she died they just forgot about it.

I've played it, it's oh so sweet, and yes I hate him for the rest of my life.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Wha bam

edit: HOLY poo poo table breakage.

Linked for size.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

DrChu posted:

Where'd you get that Jazz Bass parts breakout picture?

It's actually a shirt, and I thought it was too nerdy even when I got it (11-12 yrs old) to wear out in public, so I got a frame and wrapped it around.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

warwick5s posted:

Awesome, man! What kind is it again?

A Shen Hybrid. Before I bought it I asked some people about buying one, one kid gave me the answer "Don't buy chinese made, they suck".

I was worried that this was chinese made, but once I picked it up from the shop, the guy really removed all doubts. He said it inspected it, setup it up himself, and he has a model just like mine for gigging out, really put my mind at ease.

Now if I can just play the drat thing...

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

God drat it stop talking about lovely guitar players and talk about my bass more :mad:

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Scarf posted:

How much did you drop on it? I really want an upright but I want something decent that'll last me a good while... and apparently I need to spend like $2k for that :\

When it was all done, probably 3k, a little over that. The bass itself was 2.7k but I also had a piezo pickup and setup.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Agreed posted:

The Hot Hands midi controller, which (like other Hot Hands products) uses a wireless ring to control whatever the pedal does, is mounted on the guitar's headstock, and he's using it to make the worst loving noises I've ever heard in my life.

Pretty sure it's controlling a glitch patch in MAX/MSP.

Either way it means that depending on how he moves the guitar on the X Y or Z axis, it'll send midi data. And it's loving awesome.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Bought a new keyboard stand today. Learned my lesson by buying a double X stand this time, instead of the single. Even just looking at my old one, it looks flimsy. This one can support my weight (I tried it, twice) so holding up a 10 pound moog will be no problem.

I also bought accessories and cleaning stuff I just put off for years. I shudder to think how much sweat has added up on my bass. I shudder again as I can't remember the last time I cleaned it.

I definitely haven't cleaned it 3 months before, and 3 months after I threw up on stage.

Oh my god.

Edit: Hoooooooly poo poo I forgot how much better my Jag gets when I polish the fretboard and the body. The chrome on the black is almost loving blinding. Also, I've never really played much with that guitar all, I'm afraid all the chrome will probably blind people.

Noise Machine fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 15, 2009

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Hah, am I gonna see that thing being used when you come to Providence/go out on tour any time soon?

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Carbohydrates posted:

Body's gotta go, though. I don't like 3-tone sunburst.

You are a heathen and not worthy to play a guitar such as this one.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Yeah, that's a pretty good deal.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

All I have is cell phone pic but I didn't want to post a stock photo.

I'm going to swap out the pickguard for this.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

The Grapist posted:

Went a little overboard as of late.

Orange Rockerverb 50
Keeley Fuzz Head
Selmer Tenor Saxophone

All were too good to pass up.

These will all be used in tandem right?

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Welp got this from my dad and grandma as an xmas present

And I'm getting this as an xmas present for myself. Also my big muff finally bit the dust, so I might as well get the muff I always wanted.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Juaguocio posted:

Nice, is that the 3.0 or 6.0? Either way you're gonna love it.

3.0 I believe.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

No pictures because it wasn't shipped yet but my mom got me a Theremin. I made out like a bandit this year.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Paramemetic posted:

Theremins are the greatest instruments. I just demonstrated my theremin to my family moments ago, they're all fascinated by it. I'm doing a "concert" for my family tomorrow with his violin and my theremin. Seriously they're awesome. What model are you getting?

Some guy out of Wisconsin makes them, I think there's only one model.

http://pages.prodigy.net/chuckcollins/about.html

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

The UPS fairy stopped by yesterday:

Zoom H4n Field recorder, which I also just found out can double as a USB audio interface.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

Get a wind-screen if you're going to take it outdoors or go mobile at any speed at all, ordered a H1 type from http://www.redheadwindscreens.com/ and it does the job well - not as well as a huge ball of proper acoustic foam but still very good.

I actually got the H4n because my buddy had the H2 and I was EXTREMELY impressed by it. He also bought a windscreen from these people, which I guess has to be my next purchase.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Walter posted:

Couldn't resist. I went to buy strings, played this for a while, and it wanted to go home with me.

American Special Stratocaster, 2009. The big headstock sold me on it. I love those...

I like that you're still using the Super Chorus. Are you still using the settings I gave you a while ago?

Here are the other gear purchases I forgot to post (:smug:)

Edit: SWEET JESUS THE TABLES

The Ultrasone were advertised as being with some sort of "surround sound" effect, but I haven't noticed anything gimmicky, they're actually pretty nice for the modest price.

The VP was something I really needed to buy. Been playing a lot of stuff that requires volume swells or some sort of slow attack. I learned on my dad's GT-6, which he bought for $200 and then decided to never touch again, so I took it up as the world's largest volume pedal. (:v:)

Noise Machine fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 20, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Warcabbit posted:

I got a thing. It works. It honest to goodness works. I plug my guitar into the X-Box and it can tell what the heck I'm playing. That's awesome.

There's some weird lag between playing and hearing, which is apparently the fault of me using HDMI. But it works.

And I have learned new ways in which I suck. But I'm getting better.

I can't wait until we can use Pro Tools on an Xbox.