Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

:flashfap:

• SET-NECK CONSTRUCTION
• 24.75” SCALE
• MAHOGANY BODY
• 3-PIECE MAHOGANY NECK
• EBONY FINGERBOARD
• FLAG INLAYS W/MODEL NAME AT 12TH FRET
• EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) ACTIVE PICKUPS
• 2 VOLUME & 1 TONE CONTROL W/3-WAY TOGGLE
• GOLD HARDWARE
• SPERZEL LOCKING TUNERS
• EARVANA COMPENSATED NUT
• TONEPROS LOCKING BRIDGE W/STOP TAILPIECE
• AGED TRIPLE WHITE BINDING ON BODY, & HEADSTOCK, WHITE BINDING ON NECK
• 24 XJ FRETS

I havent got this yet but its my next purchase. I have enough money for it but im waiting for a friend of mine to get me his discount through Sam Ash. I'm not even good enough for this drat thing I love it so much though.

VVV my website just expired so lay off :( VVV

Hamer777 fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 14, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
I decided against the LTD EC-1000VB since it was taking far too long to arrive and also it wouldnt do much more for me than my Hamer Standard could. I ended up choosing an Ibanez RG1570 in Mirage Blue. I LOVE IT. one thing though I should probably start considering what pickups to buy for it though since the stock ones arent that great. whats a good bridge pickup for heavier stuff?

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

3toes posted:

How do those things work?

Anyway today I scored this rig for $1150!!! (not the guitar)

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
Scored this for $840 off the same dude that sold me the Mesa. My rig is complete... actually i need new pickups for my Ibanez and a reverb pedal. I'm never going to quit buying gear. Also that ukulele is intense and awesome!

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
In response to the gold debate, seriously picture my guitar with chrome hardware. I'm not really for it or against it but this guitar is a sexy beast.

Hamer777 posted:

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
My brother promised me that he would buy me a Gibson Explorer if I learned a certain solo to a song. Also I don't have to choose the explorer if I don't want so basically a guitar for about $1000. Turns out it's pretty long but not hard so i'm learning it for when I head to Vegas next month. I've been thinking 4 guitars. feedback?

I would have to pay the difference on the double cut and the SG probably. In my head right now the Les Paul Studio is kinda losing the battle. The Double cut is my dream guitar, I love SGs and Explorers are insanely comfortable for me to play (i'm really lanky)

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

Dragon Eye Morrison posted:

It actually has an alder body with a koa cap, not a koa body.
According to the website its basswood

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

Ocular posted:

Here are some of the models I've been eying:

I would advise against getting anything with a floyd rose simply because you have no freedom with it. you have to keep the same string gauge if you change your own strings. if you want to change tuning good luck setting it up by yourself, thats $50 out of your pocket to drop tune. I actually have an ESP Eclipse and its great, I also have an Ibanez RG1570 that i love, but the bridge is only fun for so long, then its a pain. I would suggest either the LTD EC1000 or a Schecter Hellraiser with the string thru body.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

Picnic ov Love posted:

just got the DSL and 900 cab

Did you rip off the marshall logo or buy it like that? why do people do this anyway?

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
Gibson Double Cut Plus see through black. more on this after the break.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
Like I said Gibson Double Cut Plus. 2002 model in see through black. scored this thing on ebay for $735 shipped

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
I am now the proud owner of an Ebony Gibson Explorer, all stock nothing special (except that it sounds incredible through my mesa). but the point of my post is really the next piece of gear i wish to acquire.

A Gibson SG-X.

If anyone knows where i can get an Army Green SG-X in good condition in a couple weeks im going to buy one with my tax return.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

3toes posted:

Ok I've officially acquired Allen Woody syndrome

I believe the proper term is GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) according to the ESP forums

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

Stux posted:

After getting a job I finally understand GAS.

So this is what I'm going to be buying off of a guy nearby in September/October (his pictures not mine):

Oh wow please tell him to sell me his Framus head. I wish they weren't so expensive :( anyway, my next entry coming in a couple seconds brought to you by GAS

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
Ibanez RG2610e. So far, all roads lead back to Ibanez for me. If anyone plans on buying this, I suggest you grab a 2610e and not the 08 model the 2610z. Not only is the Edge pro much more stable, but since its technically an older model, you can get it for a great deal ($700 at Sam Ash) in new condition. This thing sounds much much better than my Gibson Explorer and ESP Eclipse (I blame the EMGs)

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Click here for the full 960x720 image.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

Concatenation posted:

Sup :c00l:
I'm pretty stoked about Ibanez changing the 2008 model bridges, mine was a steal too.

Also, a word of warning if you decide to change the pickup, it's in a ridiculously shallow slot so it likely won't fit anything larger than the TB-10 in there already (as I found out when I went to put an EMG-81 in there :cry: )

:c00l:

That wont be a problem the TB-10 is perfect for me. And why would you want to put an EMG in ther?e I don't know, maybe I just got a bad set but the EMGs in my Eclipse sound terrible and I'm not just running on a low battery.

Hamer777 fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 29, 2008

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

oxymoron_lm posted:

Oh yeah, my room mate got this at a thrift store last month. It sounds pretty lame but it's still kind of neat and can be used as a midi controller.

Well if you ever want to get rid of it let me know! How much did he pay for it?

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

Prof Eli ASSBLASTER posted:

The Ibanez does look pretty sweet imo:

My ex girlfriend actually owns one of those ibanez mikros and mixed with a line 6 spider combo, it sounds great. The only thing id change right away is the tuning machines. Its a solid guitar overall though I wouldn't mind owning one for shits and giggles.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
heres a preview of whats to come. id say probably January-ish

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
Didnt realize how blurry this was on the phone but it gives you an idea. Maple neck, African ebony, mother of pearl inlays 24 frets 25.5" scale. This is after just about all the work is done, just finishing hammering in the frets.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
Work in progress...

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
Here is my new baby. Swamp Ash body, Maple/African Ebony neck both based off an Ibanez RG Prestige model I own. Control layout: Vol/tone/tone, toggle, kill. Custom pickups made by me, and Schaller locking tuners. All that's left to do is put the rolling string trees on, Make a control cavity plate, and cleaning up the bone nut.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

Agreed posted:

Tell me more about the pickups made by you.
for the neck pickup I made the bobbin with a ceramic magnet just to see how it would sound and used a program to wind it similar to a Seymour Duncan Alnico II pro Flat APS-II (on our pickup winder at school) then soldered it all together and wax potted it. Easy. The humbucker is like a Gibson 500T on steroids but with an Alnico magnet (because our humbucker ceramics were gigantic for some reason). I got the two bobbins and began assembling it. after stripping the 43AWG wire of the copper I soldered it all together, and wax potted it.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
My second guitar and hopefully not last! This is just after final sanding but it has since been grain filled and oil finished. I should have it done tomorrow night.

Click here for the full 1556x1167 image.

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
I scored an Ampeg BA115 off Los Angeles craigslist for $200 and the bass was given to me a while ago by some dude who upgraded to an Ernie Ball.

Click here for the full 1247x812 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006

Agreed posted:

I bet it's because Ebony is a bitch to work with and expensive. The poo poo is HARD, man. HARD.

Ebony is a dense wood, but it is by no means hard to work with. Its got similar characteristics to Maple so that argument is hereby thrown out.