Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Huxley posted:

I pray to God I never find out what any of that stuff is, because it looks rad as hell.

Definitely never watch this video then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVPL78D7zF4

---

I had a good memorial day weekend. Picked up a Boss Katana 50w MkII for cheap at a pawn shop and got a Schecter C-1 Platinum on sale. The Schecter was a HUGE upgrade over the Squier Strat I started with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKub
May 11, 2006

CatBlack posted:

While im waiting for modules to become available / arrive for my current racks, Ive decided to bankrupt myself by starting a mutable instruments rack. Most of these modules will be clones with official face plates but some are factory (plaits, beads, stages, one of the ripples). I've already bought all the face plates (except for kinks :( the store i was gonna get it from went down for vacation or something).

:woop: look at all the fiddly things! That looks expensive and fun as hell!

"Apollo 12, Houston. Try SCE to auxiliary. Over."

TheKub
May 11, 2006

It's not much, but my first pedal was delivered this weekend, a Boss BD-2. I like the sound. I got it used from Guitar Center and it did not come with it's own power supply so I still had to put clothes on and go to the store. Is it normal for pedals to not come with a power supply?

E: Should I just give in now and buy one of those ~10 slot power blocks?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheKub fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 28, 2023

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I didn't think my simple pedal post would get so much response :lol:

GreatGreen posted:

Great pedal!

Most pedals don't come with power supplies. Boss pedals never come with power supplies. Used pedals will basically never come with power supplies unless there's like only one single proprietary power supply that will work with it. Your best bet with pedals is to use a power supply. Don't bother with batteries, they can only power guitar pedals for a hilariously short period of time. The Blues Driver, along with most pedals (but not all), uses a 9v power supply. There's a power supply called the One-Spot that will work, and it's cheap.

BTW, one of the more popular ways to use pedals like this would be as a boost pedal to push your amp harder. If you want to juice up an already distorted tone, put a pedal like that (or a tube screamer, or SD-1, etc) in front of the amp and set the Drive very low, like below 8:00, then max out the Level knob. Tone usually sounds best at noon or slightly above.

I appreciate the words. I will look into that. I had been playing around with tones in the software for my Boss Katana Mk2 amp but having a pedal I can turn on and off and adjust on a whim is SOOO much more convenient for experimentation. The past week with this pedal has convinced me that I'll need to start learning about them.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I'd say gold. I feel it works better with the warm color tone on the body.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Sockington posted:

I decided I needed a new pedalboard that wasn’t built out of a metal suitcase for constant gigging.

Chunk of wood.

A short time later.

Threw an old TV wall mount bracket on the underside for management of things.

Everything fits now with room for an extra on the way (DemonFX microtubesX).

I’ll run some strips of Velcro in a week when the finish has completely cured.4

Beautiful!

I think my second pedal will be the Boss OC-5 Octave. I haven't experienced any of the peg pedals, but I don't find the peg appealing. The Boss pedals are so attractive to me because of the big pedal pad. I kinda want to collect all the Boss stuff. I also heard that the Boss pedals are just pretty darn good quality and trustworthy all around; is that fair?

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I've been experimenting a little. Behold my shame! I'm a piper now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Honestly picking up the tin whistle finally got the understanding of keys into my head. Having just the notes in the key on the instrument and a D whistle has these notes and the C whistle has those notes and now I get the formula. Now that it makes sense I am surprised at how long it took me to understand.