Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anonin
Nov 11, 2006
do different private student loan companys use different credit agencys to determine loan eligibility?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonin
Nov 11, 2006

Wiggy Marie posted:

They perform their own credit checks, normally, or rely on a third party company to check for them. It hits your credit score each time you do a preapproval with a different company.

Hmmmm, sallie mae is saying i need a co-signer and my credit score is 650, i have a few blemishes on my record, but overall my score is good. perhaps i should go with another student loan company?

anonin
Nov 11, 2006

Kickus posted:

Sallie Mae is VERY shady and willfully incompetent in their handling of accounts. If you have a co-signer, it will be impossible for you to get any deferment as they will look to your co-signer's income and make their determination on whether you qualify that way. When consolidating my loans, they made blunder after blunder, each time tacking on more fees to fix their mistakes. They are willfully decietful, usurious (my credit score is in the high 700's), and the most unpleasant company I have ever dealt with. If it's not too late, I urge you to use another company or seek a cheaper school. I fully regret ever having become involved with them.

wow. i've heard time and time again, sallie mae simply cannot be trusted. thanks for this, i will not be dealing with them.

anonin
Nov 11, 2006
i just registered for your site, but whats all this about having my parents sign and date something and faxing it to you? i thought it would be a simple registration...