Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

splok
Dec 26, 2006
!
I've been wondering how good your credit score needs to be to qualify for the GradPlus loans as my credit may not be exactly squeaky clean. Also, I found it a bit confusing that on the lender pages listed under the GradPlus section of some university sites some lenders mention that a credit check is required, while others do not. Any insight or advice would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

splok
Dec 26, 2006
!
Ah thanks, knowing that consolidation eliminates the co-borrower connection is really helpful. One more question (well, two maybe), if I may. I understand that there is no technical yearly cap on the GradPlus and that it funds whatever portion of the "cost of attending" isn't covered by Stafford loans. Am I correct in thinking that this "cost of attending" includes such things as room and board? If so, is this a standard number that the university comes up with based on the cost of living in its area, or is it somewhat individualized to take your expenses into account (such as, things like previous student loan payments)?