Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hello thread

I just a new job about three weeks ago with a nonprofit that I believe would qualify for the eventual forgiveness of my student loans after like 10 years or so. I know part of this involves switching to an income based repayment plan. Before I call the department of education or my loan servicer directly, I was wondering if anyone who had gone through something similar could give me some basic pointers. Should I make the switch to IBR immediately or should I wait a bit more with this job before making the switch? Do I have to notify the department of education that my job is a qualified nonprofit for this forgiveness thing?

The job has been great so far, virtually zero stress. Should make it easier on me to get 10 years in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Awesome, thanks