Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

i say swears online posted:

My old email went defunct and I completely forgot to recertify my IDR for Navient this year. Did they extend this deadline at all because of covid? It says my payment will go from $0 to $588 on January 1, and I make $1200/month. I don't know what to do

You can recertify any time, but my recollection is if you miss recertification and your plan changes, the unpaid interest is capitalized. So that's unfortunate, but you should be able to get back into IDR fairly painlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Can't wait for all the paperwork to get lost

That and the inevitable automatic administrative forbearance that I don't want which will delay my PSLF qualification, cause a shitload of interest to capitalize, and cause them to not apply at least one of my payments (just like what happened when I sent in my first public service employment verification form and got my loans transferred to FedLoan)

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Sirotan posted:

Hell yeah that rules.

Also as of today FedLoan has certified all my loans as having 120(+) eligible payments under PSLF! :toot:

Huzzah, congratulations!

Umbreon posted:

Department of Education emailed me to tell me my loans are getting 100% forgiven. I have been wait and hoping so long for this, gently caress you ITT Tech!:toot:

That's also hella cool!

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Oh poo poo I just submitted my final PSLF form.

Now to wait for HR to countersign, and DOE to process and send to MOHELA, then MOHELA to process and send back to DOE, etc etc etc for the next year or so

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009
Booyah roughly $200K in loans are now gone, thanks PSLF.

:feelsgood:

Ol' Limber Legs posted:

Update: 2 of my 3 loans were seem to have been forgiven in the last couple of days, but I haven't received any correspondence saying so. I just see that they have a negative balance adding up to the ~$25 payment I made in October before my forbearance kicked in. So...yay? Studentaid.gov still shows my full balance, but it's as of 12/31.

That's how it worked for me. My principal was updated to a negative number (the amount of the one extra payment I had made), then 5 days later the FSA site displayed a zero balance, then a few days after that I got the official notification that my loans were forgiven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

LanceHunter posted:

Not entirely sure if/how I'll get that money back, but I'm not complaining.

I got it back surprisingly quickly, via direct deposit.