Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I've got somewhere around 25k in student loans from Sallie Mae. I missed several payments because of severe financial difficulties(I got a large pay cut, then I lost my job, then went into the hospital for emergency surgery and was unable to work for nearly a year while I was rehabbing). They gave me a one-year deferment and after that they put me on a one-year forbearance. My forbearance is up in May, but I won't feel financially comfortable making payments until July.

I was thinking about consolidating my loans with one of the companies in the OP, but the other day I got an automated email from Sallie Mae saying that if I consolidate with them before my forbearance is up, I "will be eligible for an extended forbearance option."

Is this a smart idea? Those other companies sound good, but extending the forbearance is very tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU