Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneday for Life
Feb 2, 2004
Shoe. Explode?!
SO I just received something from "MyRichUncle.com" in the mail which promised 5.8% starting rate guaranteed with a .25% reduction with autopayments and a 1.5% reduction after 48-payments. Has this already been discussed in this thread? if not, has anyone heard anything about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneday for Life
Feb 2, 2004
Shoe. Explode?!
Interesting... I was just looking into getting a student loan for my last semester of Uni and I need about 6000 to cover everything for a while. The day I found this thread I got this thing in the mail promising rates lower than the OP's original two favorites. I figured either there was a catch, or this was what the OP was saying about companies getting competetive around July 1st. I still want to make sure that I get the best deal for my money, so i figured I'd ask the experts first.

Oneday for Life
Feb 2, 2004
Shoe. Explode?!
Uuugghh, this is all so confusing and the reason I didn't go into business or take any math beyond college algebra...OP, tell me, in your honest opinion, where is the best place to get a $6000 dollar student loan? If you give me a name and 2 reasons, I will go there tonight and get it.