Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOUCHEBAG SMILES
Jun 7, 2004

by Lowtax
Are there any student loan consolidation companies that offer incentives to use their services? I hit $15k in student loans sometime last year, and ever since, they've been calling me, sending me "THIS IS YOUR LAST OPPORTUNITY TO CONSOLIDATE YOUR LOANS, THIS IS THE FINAL NOTICE YOU'LL RECEIVE FROM US" letters (which I wish they would stop sending me that crap).

I know there's quite a bit of profit in these loans, especially now that they've been allowed to gouge us for another couple of interest points (I think it would be cheaper to carry on my credit cards right now, but I'd have to make payments immediately) and I'm sure I'd be a fairly juicy account for somebody who would want me as a customer.

How can I take advantage of the situation? Does anybody offer any kind of bribe program to get students to consolidate with them, whether it be super low interest for an introductory period or a free iPod or computer or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU