Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Wiggy Marie posted:

Douchebag Smiles, go here: https://www.nthea.com/easyloansavings/Default.aspx

Type in your information and see what comes up. Right now they're the best consolidation company I'm aware of. Other companies are about to get really competitive, but for my money I wouldn't go to anyone but these people (they're also really friendly on the phone, the best people I've ever conferenced with).

I'm considering adding this info to the OP so that anyone looking to consolidate will already know what I recommend. I'm hesitant to do so, though. What do you guys think?

Thanks, I was just checking this thread because I need to consolidate my loans. Adding it to the OP would be helpful. I went ahead and signed up with them and I noticed it said I get check for $595 if I consolidate more than $15000. Is this true and if so when would I get this money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Perfection Mekanik posted:

If I started to pay like $500 a month (or whatever I could afford that month) would there be some kind of a penalty for getting it paid off early? Would it be worth it? Would I be better off just continuing to pay the 120.78 a month?

I can't speak for your place but I asked the same question to the place I went with. They told me that anything I pay over the monthly payment goes to the principal balance. So in your case if you paid $500 a month $120 would go to the interest and $380 would go to the $19649. At that rate you'd pay off your loans in 4 years and 3 months. That's just an estimate because I don't know how much of that $120 goes to your principal balance and I guess the interest goes down as your principal balance gets smaller.