Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dAPER
Apr 21, 2005

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats
I have 100K in private student loans that I need to consolidate, some through AES and some through Wells Fargo. The loan people there think I'm not worth their time, as real people seem to be a myth on their telephones. I am employed full time by a school as a teacher and I also have a side retail gig and possibly private voice lessons as well.

Help??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dAPER
Apr 21, 2005

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats

Wiggy Marie posted:

1. AES? Oh God. I'm so sorry. I feel your pain, I really do.

2. I really hope you don't mean credit-based alternative loans. You can't consolidate those, period. You'll have to shop around with banks/etc. to see if someone would do it for you, but no federal loan lender could.

3. Are you teaching at a Title 1 school? If so, you may be eligible for the Teacher Loan Forgiveness program after 5 years. Also, this would require the loans to be federal loans.

If they're private loans, as in credit-based, I'm sorry bub, but I got nuthin'. All you can do in that case is call the servicing agent and beg, plead and whimper for a forbearance or deferment, and that's a very iffy prospect. If they're federal loans, do you know off the top of your head if you've used any of your def/forb time?

There are private consolidation programs available for me. Yes, I have credit-based loans, my parents made too much to go otherwise but not enough to pay for my schooling. It just seems that I can't get a HOLD of anyone. I know AES and Wells Fargo provide the service, it's jsut getting them on the phone. In all honesty, I'd rather sit down and talk with a person, as I have 7 years worth of loans to contend with. I really suck at paperwork.