Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avidal
May 19, 2006
bawl-some
I advise all of you to not gently caress yourself like I did, and be on time with your payments.

I had a lot of bad poo poo going on for awhile and wasn't making my payments. Next thing you know, I'm defaulted on my loans. For 2 years at ITT, I had to take out ~$33,000. This has become a hell of a lot more. 2 different companies got ahold of my loans. One company for my federal loans, the other for my private loans. They are both out for blood, and I'm currently trying to stave off the second company while I deal with the first one.

The first one contacted by companies HR department and left a message for me. I called them back and they put me on a rehab program, where if I satisfy minimum payment requirements, my account will come out of default status and be transferred back to Sallie Mae. The minimum payment requirements they gave me where: $3,000 in 2 and a half months (one payment of 600 bucks, 2 payments of 1200), followed by 6 months at $385 a month. There seems to be no way around this, but once my loans go back to Sallie Mae, I'll be consolidating them.

No clue what the second company wants out of me yet, I'm calling them tonight to get my assraping.

I went to annualcreditreports.com and got my report from Experian and looked over it, it's not pretty. I ended up disputing 4 things (one of them, totalling $300, seems to belong to my father; one of them is $800 to the AAFES credit card which I was signed off as not owing any money to [part of standard outprocessing in the military]; the other two being things that I have no knowledge of), but including those 4, I have 12 negative records on my report. One is a $400 credit card that I thought I paid off, but I still owe $100 on. The other 7 are all from Sallie Mae, and are not a pretty sight.

What I'm wondering is, when I finish this rehabilitation program with the collections agency, will those loans that are listed as negatives on my report go away? And do past negatives reflect badly on your credit report, if you pay them off to the satisfaction of the company that extended the credit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU