Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
1. Yes, you can use multiple projects on a MVC site, for example I have a project that does barcode decoding and encoding for some manufacturing software and I also include the project on my MVC site so I place barcodes on files printed from the website.

2. I think you need to at a look at IIS because it sounds like you want to make Sub Applications for a default website?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Anyone have tips for porting a Windows Form Application to a MVC site? I imagine this is going to be a rather painful experience. The application is your basic business app, input data, run SQL queries, do some calculations, then output data in a user friendly medium(tables or images). I think I am going to end up turning each Form into 2 or 3 Views to cut down the complexity.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Ithaqua posted:

Totally uninformed, kneejerk reaction to that company's products based on the information on their site: It looks like a bunch of snake oil bullshit.

Yea I am just going to stick with MVC, Bootstrap and JQuery.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

So I stumbled across http://channel9.msdn.com/ and watched a really good video about using AJAX and Javascript with MVC 4. After watching it I created a cool webpage with jquery sortable and partial page postbacks, and I am very happy with it. I started going through some other videos just to get some exposure to new things. Anyone have some other recommend resources to learn new stuff about the MVC framework and .NET web development?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Xarb posted:

Which video did you watch? I wouldn't mind having a look.

http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/Dev-ASP-MVC4-WebApps/05

I have decide to go though the series, after watching that one.

• Locked thread