Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReActor
Jun 1, 2000

MEANIE
If you have the necessary location equipment (portable recorder, lapel or shotgun mic) you might as well try that first. Close miking can be surprisingly effective and you might find that the background noise doesn't actually come through that much. Of course, if the results are unsatisfactory, you can replace in the studio and you've lost nothing. Aside from some time, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReActor
Jun 1, 2000

MEANIE
I seek advice on recording my computer's audio output back into the computer. On my old laptop, Audiograbber could do this and I'm pretty sure Audacity could as well. However, neither program gives the option to do this on my new computer.

I looked in the Audacity help and it says:

quote:

Due to copyright concerns, newer computers often lack an input for recording computer playback, or it must be specially enabled outside Audacity.

Is this something that newer soundcards simply prevent you from doing? Or is there perhaps a driver I could get that would allow this?