Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
So I’m a total noob at all this but with COVID I have no band and I am sick of just noodling around not being able to make actual songs. Since I’m flying solo that means I need multitrack recording/editing/processing capabilities and the ability to program drums and apply/edit sampled drum loops since I don’t have drums or drumming ability. I’ll probably start out trying my hand at making some basic chill lofi instrumental hip hop stuff, so ability to sample other people’s music would be a big plus too.

So I think I’m looking for an affordable interface that I can use to receive 1/4” and/or XLR outs from my guitar and bass amps, and I’d really like it if it played nice with my iPhone. Is the main way to send audio from interface to iPhone a USB out plugged into a USB to Lightning adapter?

I imagine I’ll start with GarageBand on the software side unless I shouldn’t.

What would you guys recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU