Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cynicide
Jun 13, 2002

Born from a wish
I'm taking my first steps into home recording with my guitar and I'm using the software linked at the bottom of this page.

I use the following.

-My guitar
-Guitar lead with a 3.5mm converter on one end
-Line in port on my soundblaster live soundcard
-ASIO4ALL: Sound card driver that cuts the delay between playing and hearing the sound.
-Kristal Audio Engine: For applying effects, modelling amps and recording.
-Audacity: For editing recordings made with Kristal

Since I already had the sound card and the computer I've spent a few dollars on the converter plug for the lead. Everything else seems to be freeware.

So far I'm having an awesome time. The VST's at http://frettedsynth.asseca.com/ampsims.html provide a wide range of effects to play with without spending a heap on pedals.

I hadn't seen Kristal mentioned here before so I thought I'd post about it. It seems to be a great way for guitarists to get into recording for cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU