Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
I'm having a problem trying to record my acoustic guitar. I've been using a standard guitar cable to plug it directly into my Mbox2 and so far everything has been fine. Since yesterday, however, the sound has begun to distort a bit whenever I plug it in, instead of sounding clean as it has been for the last two weeks. The guitar sounds fine when it's unplugged so I figured it's a cable issue. I bought a new one but the problem persists. I have tried both of the Mbox's inputs and it's the same with both, so I don't think the Mbox is the problem.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I know nothing about guitars save for how to play them.

Here's a sample of what it sounds like (sorry for the crappy host, I don't have a tindeck account yet):

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=67434

Edit: I forgot to mention it, but the only thing I did that was different yesterday was put a capo on my guitar. However, it does sound like this even without the capo on now; could putting the capo on have messed up something with the neck / pickups / whatever?

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 31, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

OptimusCrime posted:

Have you tried a new battery in the guitar?

No, I haven't. I did check if the battery was empty but it's not. I'll go out and get a new one right now, though. I hope the solution is this simple.

Edit: It really was that simple. Thanks! :)

Sway Grunt fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jan 31, 2007