Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Recently, my friend and I were informed that we were in violation of our town's noise codes while rehearsing in my garage. In order to prevent this from happening again, I've been looking into insulating the room for sound. I was also hoping to kill two birds with one stone, and make the room more friendly for any future home recording. I rent a house, so I'm pretty sure I can't extensively tear up the walls or anything. Is there any way for me to accomplish one or both of these goals with out spending an incredible amount of money?

edit: I think the biggest sound leak is the garage door, which is pretty much just a sheet of metal that slides up and down.

deadking fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 13, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
A neighbor called the cops, who showed up at our door. Davis has the pleasure of having one of the most open ended, arbitrary noise ordinances, which can allow the police to ticket you for making anything over 55 decibels of noise, if someone complains. I'm not an expert or anything, but I believe 55 decibels is the volume of a conversation.