Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

I had a funny feeling in my gut.
Holy moly, this is great. In fact it has given me an all new faith in webcomics. Thanks SuperKlaus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

The people on those forums take this thing far, far too seriously.

That said, Miko won't join Xykon. She still somehow thinks she's in the right. I think she'll get locked up, and then break out and sacrifice herself in defense of her city.

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

That latest strip was brilliant, if all the action is going to be of that quality this battle will be amazing.

Tag Plastic posted:

Anyway, I'm not sure if I'm gay or straight for Vaarsuvius, but I'm certainly FOR Vaarsuvius. Bad puns included.

drat straight.

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

I can definitely understand why lots of you seem to be disliking Erfworld, but I'm really starting to enjoy it. The slow, what-exactly-is-meant-to-be-happening build up seems to be over, and Tool, Wanda and Parson are finally getting a little more interesting. And what Wanda says about the enemy commander is just badass;

Wanda posted:

As for his weaknesses, he is in love with our prisoner.

And I control her mind.

Do you think you can work with that?

And in OotS, Elan's absolute faith in V is just great :3:

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

Yeah the best way to judge a piece of writing is by the number of plot points.

Do you realise what a plot point is? A rough description of a character isn't a plot point, especially if it leaves out the traits most likely to affect the future plot. And if you're saying you dislike it because not enough has happened so far, well that's just silly.

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

Bearded Paladin! You were favourite Paladin that wasn't Hinjo or Miko! But I'm not worried, V is a badass. She'll find a way to stop that thing.

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

Choosing to lay the page out like that was such a good decision, that wouldn't have looked nearly as good with traditional panels.

More importantly

JohnnyCanuck posted:

OH GOD. :gonk:

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

How the heck could anyone read that and think low point? That was so perfect.

Plus if Xykon didn't wipe out the guards using a bunch of tricksy spells and just stormed the castle with his army the same people would be complaining about how a high level spell-caster wouldn't use traditional tactics and could wipe out all the Paladins by himself if he used spell X then spell Y etc

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

Penchant. A pension for the dramatic would be something rather different. :eng101:

This, my darling, is a reference to a failed goon project.

Kahrytes posted:

Like I said before...
Hey, Order of the Stick is a webcomic! Would ya look at that!

What's your point? It's a discussion of a comic which is based heavily on D and D rules, if it causes a bit of debate that's a good thing.

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

Erfworld isn't that bad really. I don't think it's doing any harm having discussions here about it.

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

I really need my hit, it's been too long since he updated.

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

Ugh, I saw 4 new replies and thought a strip must have been posted.
I need my fix.

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

Which would probably add considerably to the drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TJO
Aug 14, 2006

Hasn't he still got that cat following him around, and even fighting with him at some point? I don't know if that would qualify as a companion.