Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
What a classy joint. Not a single customer raised so much as one eye brow over a half-dragon electrocuting a schmuck at the counter (except the guy pushed by the said schmuck). Reminds me of places...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

HKR posted:

Because the eye doesn't' work that way.

If I got it immediately but you didn't, do we have different kinds of eyes?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Ashenai posted:

Oh god so many terrible puns :gonk:

The title of the strip is "Advanced (S)wordplay"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Besides, the elf is already seen seated next to the cat in panel two, not minding the animal. It's only when V shows up that he seems disapproving.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Old D&D just simulated allergies without saying so. I have several friends who could very easily be killed by a housecat.

Pope Guilty posted:

Yeah, it comes from an old French word.
Napoleon's veteran guard was called "les Grognards", or grumblers, because that was what they did best (aside from crushing enemies in battle). :hist101: This term was later applied to wargamers/RPG players who couldn't just shut up and enjoy the games instead of arguing about the smallest details. So stop being such a spergin' grog, Cabbit!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

So it seems that the elfie wasn't giving the evil eye to V but to the bird. The elf can see the bird.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

ConfusedUs posted:

..everyone can see the bird. It's a tangible creature. It was just ignored for the first 500ish strips and only appeared when necessary, which is much the way every wizard ever treats their familiar in a practical game of D&D instead of a novelized version of D&D.

Oh. Can others hear it, though?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nah, Haley won't die. But I can see the statuette becoming stolen by Nale, leading into Elan's epic quest to rescue her.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mniot posted:

Interestingly, the 3.5 shrink item spell says that the object changes to a "clothlike" material, which would make it pretty much impossible to accidentally damage Haley.

That's optional, though. The statuette seems pretty solid to me.

Anyway, the spell requires the item to be tossed to reverse the effect. To me this would imply that the item is protected from falling damage by the spell itself.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Belkar's SO going to wear a Kobolt hat when he finds out. :colbert:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Stopgap posted:

Burleaux.

Brolof.

A deflected bolt says 'pting!' and a piercing bolt 'thunk!' Who would have thunk?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Maldraedior posted:

And now we don't have to have the "Why Flesh-to-Stone the Rogue" arguement anymore because it was all part of the convoluted plan to isolate Elan and bring him to Nale.

The question is, does the miniaturized statue turn into full size if it hits Nale's forehead?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

rotinaj posted:

A lot of roleplayers seem to think Charisma only means appearance and attractiveness. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a character trait based on more RPGer stereotypes, like Tsukiko's whole character was(The inflexible Paladin).

Miko, you mean... Tsukiko is the goth necromancer.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

:siren: New strip "Saved by the belt" :siren:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Effingham posted:

I was thinking about the strip today, and something that occurred to me was the inversion of the Linear Guild and the Order of the Stick.

In the OS, the most important member and leader is Roy (the fighter guy) and the least useful and lower end of the totem pole is Elan; in the LG, the most important member and leader is the Elan analogue, Nale, and the least useful and lower end of the totem pole is is Thog (the fighter guy).

I love that they aren't only alignment opposites, they're literally polar opposites.

Good job figuring that one out! (It was the joke made back when Roy and Thog first met. Roy presumed Thog to be the leader.)

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0044.html

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

cell posted:

Note in this latest strip his feet are never drawn even when diving at Nale, suggesting that isn't his tail sticking out of the back of his robes but ectoplasm or whatever spectral figures' legs turn into.

To me it looks more like he's got no feet but he's like a snake with arms. The tail is his 'feet'.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I was expecting to see a new comic, not more nerd talk.

Is... is Rich still okay??? :ohdear: am I doing this right or should I sacrifice a virgin along with the incantation?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

FredMSloniker posted:

I wonder if we could get alignment discussion to be a probatable offense?

Ah, Lawful Evil poster spotted! You wish that so it would tempt the Chaotic Evil among us to discuss it even more, while the Neutral Evil posters would do so in other terms (eg. 'do you think that Tarquin is a morally corrupt bureaucrat, or is he more of a Laissez-Faire type?).

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I shouldn't be drinking hot drinks while I read the comic. It hurts.

:v: "Hi! I'm Elan! What's your name, Roy?"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

MelvinTheJerk posted:

That entire strip was awesome. All of it. I laughed multiple times.

I love the potential that this gives to future strips. Now Elan formally is the leader of the party, while Roy and Belkar are hired henchmen.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

At least around here red is the most popular colour at 24% of all cars. It varies from country to another, so it'd be hard to say which colour really is the most popular.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

That was perfect in so many ways. He doesn't even bother to immediately kill his own son when all he'd have to do is tip off Malak (who is still oblivious to his presence), he just wants to instill fear in Nale's heart.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

That's how you play the Good Dad, Bad Dad.

Malack is the good dad

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

When you post the comic here, rather than a link, you should also post its title. Just sayin'.

(Raiders of the Lost Plot Arc)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nilbop posted:

As long as Nale loving dies.

So you want to see... the last Nale in coffin? :downsrim:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

It's time for Malack to move past it, and heel. No reason to turn into a big sack of tears (in the fabric of space).

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 20, 2011

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Who What Now posted:

I'm almost positive "Aquatic" is a template that can be applied onto pretty much anything.

Stop oppressing my culture, you ethnocentric bitch!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

What did he do to upset Crom?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

She just has a death wish.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I would like to see the wight that has just eaten two other wights that have just eaten a woman.

Or no, I don't want to see it. But I can't stop thinking of it either...

So they're like any married couple, then.
VVVVVVVV

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 26, 2012

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

But I watch the comic on a monochrome display! Hobgoblins? WTF is going on?? (Actually in b/w the hobos have much lighter skin than gobbos, so it'd work.)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Manyorcas posted:

Rich has some sort of non-fatal chronic illness he hasn't disclosed that keeps him from working at times.

Non-fatal... so far :ohdear:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

HisMajestyBOB posted:

I think Rich underestimated OOTS's popularity as well.

As the OOTS Super-PAC keeps growing its war chest there's finally going to be a serious NPC (non-partisan contender) for POTUS.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I think the purpose was just to make it impossible for either Tsukiko or any of the wights to tell Xykon what was discussed then and there.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Cabbit posted:

God, just looking back at the response to this is almost enough to make a guy believe in the free market.

"Tim Buckley makes his living with the gaming webcomic Control+Alt+Del."

That should cure you.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Pester posted:

How about "Salary for a colorist, update 5 times a week."

I'm obviously clueless, but would a colourist have anything to do in something like OOTS? It's not like Rich has to colour Redcloak's cloak by hand for each strip.

Now, B^U perhaps could find use for an assistant to GIS background images and character designs

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

"How I miss our adopted children!"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

If they go there, in which eventuality Xykon of course will be alerted to it and try to stop them, what will Redcloak do? Go along with Xykon's orders and try to stop them, or tell Xykon that it's not worth it?

So... when are we going to see V again?

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 6, 2012

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

New comic - http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0834.html

A comic with Banjo is always a good comic, even if this one was otherwise slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mr. Scruffy is fully capable of killing people on his own, and now that the doggy is gone one kobold is a piece of cake.