Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

The Werle posted:

OK, I get that Haley's frustrated by Celia's lack of deadliness or whatever, but she's overdoing it a bit. That's just full on bitchy.

Well I'm sure she getting back at her for this:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0531.html

(panel number 3)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

élan

This is what it should sound like

http://www.answers.com/topic/lan

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

New Strip!

Oh god not the kitty!

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I think Rich is dead.

I wonder if he has a backup plan that kicks in if he dies.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

The last three panels....jesus.

:stare:

I don't want to root for Tarquin cause he's evil but but but

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

I just read OOTS for the story so when you nerds start talking about "stats" and "alignments" my eyes glaze over so I may have missed it but:

What happens if someone smashes the statue? Is the statue super strong?

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

New strip is out!!

It's so beautiful!!

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

As someone who doesn't know a thing about DND, why is the plan of "suck our blood voluntarily and heal us" such a bad thing?

Also, if it's not really durkon in there, where did the personality come from?

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

a kitten posted:

Everyone please enjoy this episode of the D&D cartoon narrated as though it was an actual game of D&D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3FZnD21iO0

Is that how live dnd works?

It sounds like fun!

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

What's with the pulled back shot in the last panel?

Is someone watching or artistic license?

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Saw this on twitter, immediately bought the entire series.

I've always wanted to buy these but the price and USD conversion always stopped me.

BUT WHO CAN SAY NO TO 50% OFF

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Right now, can a fully rested team beat Xykon?

We're talking optimal conditions, all the right spells prepared and Xykon is alone.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Call me crazy, but doesn't it seem like Redcloak is meeting Oona behind a building, maybe in secret?

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Random Question:

How come Durkon didn't use his, albeit short, time in Valhalla to visit his dad?

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Is there a term where someone posts a random page as a reference, you go to the page to see the comic and before you know it, it's two hours later and you've looked at 300 strips that you've already seen 80 times before.

If not, we should make one.

(drat this story is so good, it just FLOWS)

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Ok, I've read this strip a dozen times https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1009.html and I still don't get how Roy finally figures out that Vampire Durkon isn't the real him.

I know y'all got it but I still can't figure it out

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

This

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, up to that point, the Vampire had been reading Durkon's memories to help him maintain the charade that he was "Durkon, but just Evil now." But here the Vampire claims that he'd been wondering about how many pieces Roy's brother had been blown into since Roy first told him that story... in other words, back when Durkon was still alive, and not Evil.

With this:

W.T. Fits posted:

It also ties in wonderfully with all the other bits about character development in the book thus far - the Vampire's speech to Durkon that he's the worst parts of Durkon personified, Belkar's speech to the Vampire about how character development isn't like just flipping a switch where suddenly you're different from how you were before and how it takes time to build to that kind of change.

If the Vampire had phrased it as, "I've been thinking about that story ever since I was turned into a vampire, and I've been wondering..." then Roy probably would've bought it. But by phrasing it as, "Here's one thing I've always wondered since you first told me this story," he implies that Durkon has always secretly been this evil... and that's what lets Roy finally make a Sense Motive check that blows the Vampire's Bluff check out of the water. Remember, Roy has known Durkon for years by this point in the story; by comparison, the Vampire has only had a few days to hastily review a bunch of important memories and as we saw earlier, he doesn't really grasp the important bits of those memories and how they're connected or assumes certain details are inconsequential.

Finally made it click, especially when I took the time and re-read Belkar's speech, thanks for this, I get it now.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Some dude on reddit posted:

During V's time as a lizard (#178), they lamented that Hold Portal was one of the only few spells they are able to cast while affected by a Baleful Polymorph. They never did end up using it while polymorphed. It was a throwaway joke about useless D&D spells at the time, but given the plot's focus on the Gates, could it also be the most awesomely foreshadowed, thousand-page, Chekov's gun OF ALL TIME?

Interesting theory! Will this come into play?

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

I know it's not going to happen but

PLEASE HAVE A NEW STRIP TOMORROW

I don't think I've ever been on pins and needles wanting to see what happens next.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Why is Minrah not speaking the same way Durkon is? Like she's speaking "normal" English

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Rando question but are there any plotholes in OOTS?

Or is the story that AIRTIGHT?