Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

My Lovely Horse posted:

Seems like the other gods are keeping her down the same way they do Redcloak. Speaking of him, doesn't look like he will show up, but boy if he ever finds out he could have, and by rights should have, been the tiebreaker and wouldn't have needed to bother with Xykon, he will be so angry.

I still have a vague feeling like this might end up with the tie unable to be resolved and someone needing to find Redcloak because the Dark One is the only god left, but it doesn't quite seem to fit.

I'm pretty sure the Dark One isn't allowed to vote seeing as he was never allowed in the gods' secret club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Maybe the turned priests are strategically killing demigod priests or something to make sure Hel wins the vote.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Speaking of the ol' IFCC, what do you think are the chances that this whole scheme playing out is the reason they wanted Girard's gate destroyed?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

It's not like he's going to have to save the charges for anything...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I still don;t get why the gods would need to let The Dark One do anything. This is their meeting to come to a decision on what to do, they can exclude anyone they want, and absolutely none of the gods want The Dark One to have any input in these decisions. It's not like someone is forcing them to give him a vote, they're the gods, they make the rules.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

inb4 people try to stat out the Crimson Mantle

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I think I'd like to continue having no idea what any of this derail is about.

Yes, that seems like a good idea.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Xykon also did kill Roy by outsmarting him, even if it was just because Roy was being stupid.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

jng2058 posted:

Hell, we've still got the Oracle's "When will I go home?" "Posthumously." And while the Godsmoot is near home, Durkon ain't home yet.

That one's easy. He's technically already died, so if they resurrect him and he goes home at some point, it's still technically posthumous.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

We already had green two strips ago.

e:dammit

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Colonel Cool posted:

We already had Elan's arc.

Well, most of it. There's still a couple of things to clean up.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Assuming they don't have any sort of attachment to the world as it is, they just effectively traded a few soul splices for millions of souls. More if they brokered a deal with Hel beforehand.

Seems like a pretty okay deal to me.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Phenotype posted:

i need a physical book made of dead trees so i can put it on my bookshelf for my real, non computer friends to come over to see, and then i can grasp it in my gross meat hands and turn the pages like an old man.

l o loving l.

It's good that we all agree on the optimal way to own a book.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

CapnAndy posted:

Never done worse than in Bioshock, for the record.

"This little girl has a precious resource you need! If you spare her, you will get much less than if you kill her! However, if you spare the girl, in like fifteen minutes the little girls you spared will give you a present out of gratitude, so in fact you end up with more of the precious resource you need! Will you do the right thing for greater personal gain, or literally kill a little girl to make the game harder for yourself? TREMBLE AT OUR PERILOUS MORAL CHOICE SYSTEM"

This is mainly balanced by the player not really being given any solid indication that there's going to be a reward for being good. And isn't it kind of fitting that doing something that would appear to be outside of your own rational interest is rewarded considering the game?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

sebmojo posted:

Yeah.

Some parts of GITP are basically ok, though not the oots bits.

it's also the host for silverclawshifts astonishing 3.5 campaign AAR.

I think my peak GITP experience was someone having a full-on autistic shitfit over how V's power level was higher than Xykon's and so she should have beaten him. It went on for dozens of pages.

Wait you mean he tried to argue that even after Xykon goes on a long-rear end rant about why V lost?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

リッチ先生が元気だといいね

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

'healthy' and 'okay' are pretty more or less synonymous imo. Dropping the 私は when it's unnecessary is also more or less standard practice.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Rumda posted:

Yeah but the thing is we know Rich isn't healthy that's why we need to know if he is okay.

I like being optimistic.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I'm fairly certain I also remember them using 'easterner', 'northerner', and 'southerner'

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

MikeJF posted:

It could tell the ritual was half a ritual at a glance. It was obliterating O'chul at Go. It's intelligent, just unwise.

I think people have pointed out that that could also mean it's psychic.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

RandallODim posted:

I'm half-expecting a reveal that the MitD is actively choosing wrong doors to stall, and somehow actually knows where the gate really is.

Counterpoint: "what gate?"

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kyte posted:

wait what?

I can't seem to find the quote right now, but he mentioned it off hand when someone was getting on him about it being insensitive to the Holocaust or something.

Edit: Found it.

AnoHito fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 19, 2016

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

VanSandman posted:

I'm gonna read MoJ someday soon and report back with how it went.

Don't do it man. You have so much to live for! I mean, Rich might actually be okay!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Seriously, don't read MoJ. I did it because no one told me what it was, and I feel only shame because of it.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

ikanreed posted:

Why is everyone talking about there being a loophole?

Wouldn't that make a flimsy story?

If anything, a loophole would make the situation even more dire. Roy very clearly wants to stop the world from being destroyed regardless of Hel's plans. If Hel's plans are invalidated, the dwarves may actually agree that the world should be destroyed to stop the imminent threat, making Roy's job that much harder.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

jng2058 posted:

Above and beyond all that, it's that it's probable that Eugene has switched to the "Destroy the World" team and will finally become a full fledged antagonist now that Tarquin's out of the picture. That Roy has enough lingering feelings for his rear end in a top hat Dad such that he may not yet realize that Eugene is GOING to sell him out (probably to Hela who, one must imagine, can very well see a wandering ghost) will provide the drama and the Big Revealtm in a few dozen strips or so.

Interestingly enough, he probably also wouldn't mind being thrown into, say, the lawful neutral afterlife compared to his current situation of 'slowly going insane by himself for all eternity.'

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Poison Mushroom posted:

Homestuck was good when it was Andrew "Humanimals" Hussie writing it. At some point, things changed, and it started being written by Andrew "crushed under the weight of ten million unpleasable teenagers" Hussie. I personally thought it was pretty good all the way through Act 5, but I've heard people say it lost its spark as early as the end of act 2.

I'm pretty sure general consensus is that it started getting worse when the trolls showed up and continued getting worse at an exponential rate. Where it got to the point of being unreadable is up to you. I think I ended up sticking around until the beginning of Act 7 due to inertia, at which point I thought to myself "This hasn't been any good in a while now, why the hell am I still reading it?"

It was, however, excellent when it was still made with sprites, so I guess it falls into the category of "Good Sprite Comics."

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Cat Mattress posted:

Unless the names "helium" and "hydrogen" have been swapped around in the OOTS universe, there's no reason for the airship to explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzYLTnI7TUI&t=18s

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Rumda posted:

The magic works

No, no it doesn't. :smith:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Zonekeeper posted:

Yep, Elan is surprisingly the most optimized character of the bunch (though that's mainly due to having a broken splatbook prestige class).

He also seems pretty good as just a bard. Which makes sense considering if there's anything Elam knows it's how to be a bard.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

They do, however, not shout out anything when they cast "Burlew's Greater Not Spending Too Much Time On This poo poo"

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Thaddius the Large posted:

Typical overachiever Roy, Elan already laid out with his considering taking a level in Wizard, you don't actually have to do all the legwork, just take the feat and you're considered retroactively to have been working on it all along.

Well considering that feat is unknown to everyone alive, talking to the dead somehow is the only way you could possibly learn it, retroactive implications or not.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Shugojin posted:

I mean he's pretty much absolutely going to bite it at a critical moment ensuring the ultimate victory and capping off his redemption arc where he grudgingly learns to accept other things as having some sort of right to exist, thus bringing him to one of the Neutral afterlives where he is happy and refuses to come back :v:

Chaotic Good afterlife or bust. His fantasy from that illusion will come true dammit :argh:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Rygar201 posted:

Yeah, it's new. I just noticed it myself.

BelkarThe Doomsealer owns :black101:

Fixed.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Look he's trying keep a burning, mostly destroyed ship steady and not crashing even more horribly than it already is, I don't think he's really in the right state to be having too many opinions right now.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Cat Mattress posted:

That's not magic, it's how things work in the real world.

*Amasses fortune*

Actually I think you'll find it is a system of magic and I've just turned you into a newt.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Pretty safe assumption, considering the ship.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Rygar201 posted:

But the Harebrained Schemes games were Kickstarter projects, and they have all been great, and Battletech will be too >:|

...So buy them when/if they come out?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Rygar201 posted:

and if enough people take this attitude, cool things do not get to market.

Luckily, there's plenty of idiotsLOYAL SUPPORTERS to make up for me not being even stupider with my money than I already am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I'd say at its core, it's because the airship crew area boring and kind of generic, while the new Team Evil NPCs are genuinely interesting as characters. There's other reasons that make it worse, but at the end of the day, if the crew were actually likable, there wouldn't be nearly as much complaining.