Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

green leaf salad posted:

I can't exactly cite strips on this, but I always kind of got the impression that Miko was a bit isolated amongst the other paladins for her pigheadedness and obsession with justice, honour, etc. to the extent of all else.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0265.html - She gets sent on the long travel missions to get her away from everyone else.

edit:

Dammit Who? posted:

I think Miko's bit about "It all made sense, for the first time in years..." suggests there's some backstory to her we haven't been given which might make her high-strung demeanor a bit more sympathetic.

She might be referring to her hosed up sense of what happened. (i.e: Why Shojo was acting all crazy, pulling her away from the monastery, etc.) It doesn't excuse her actions.

Sock fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 2, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
I just hope that Miko doesn't go down a "OotS is responsible for everything that's gone wrong, RAAGH MUST KILL THEM" route.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

Cowcaster posted:

That's too bad, because everything up to this point is building to that outcome :confused:

I guess. I just hope she still cares about Xylon coming to destroy Azure City and getting revenge on Roy isn't the only thing on her mind.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
It's not Xykon. Xykon is (usually) drawn with evil :mad: eyes, not round ones. :colbert:

edit: This comic probably explains Redcloak's rage towards Azure City.

Sock fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 6, 2007

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

Vanadium posted:

I don't get the new strip :smith:

What's not to get? V's a badass.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Why do I feel that this showcasing of how cool V. is is only gonna lead to tragedy?

It's been foreshadowed for a long time.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

Factor_VIII posted:

Don't worry; even if the worst does happen, he can always be raised from the dead. :)

Not if Xykon kills him first :zombie:

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

SuperKlaus posted:

And presumably something the author finds ridiculous if he's making that tag so obvious.

Redcloak's going to return it to the store and get his money back after getting use out of it. Because he's evil.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

Brannock posted:

Durkon has been conspiciously missing.

So have the other prisoners.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

clockworkjoe posted:

If I were GM, i would just add the death knight's XP to the party pool or split between Roy and V. But I'm a nice GM. Unless I'm running call of cthulhu. Then it's motherfucking GO TIME.

I'll be surprised if Roy doesn't hack off a wing next.

He wants Xykon to land the dragon, not send it crashing to the ground.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
Does this count as the death Belkar would cause? He did give Roy that ring.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

gothfae posted:

I think that's what he really meant.

The Linear Guild has Sabine. :sharpton: Because only a racist like Burlew would show that the black woman must be evil!

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

Nintendo64fouuurrrrr posted:

Oh hey new strip.

:siren: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0444.html :siren:

:(

Speak of the Flumph.

I do find it funny that they determine death by "X's in his eyes"

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
I hope this doesn't end with the ghosts beating the gently caress out of Xykon, but O'Chul smashing the gem anyway. No phyrric victories, Burlew! :argh:

Sock fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 8, 2007

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
When was it mentioned that Redcloak's job was to lead the goblin people?

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
Does "Shout" do some of that weird sonic damage that hurts everything?

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

Ferrinus posted:

I mean, at this point in the story her belief in her being Chosen By The Gods To Dispense Justice could easily lead to her defeating or driving off Xykon and Redcloak and saving Azure City's gate.

Her being Chosen By The Gods To Dispense Justice might could also lead her into thinking Xykon and Redcloak are taking over the city for divine vengeance for being corrupted by the Order of The Stick. Who knows, the bitch is loco.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
What's going to happen now that the gate is destroyed? Are Miko (and O'Chul and Soon) going to get caught in an explosion or what?

Sock fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 8, 2007

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
Well, there goes the castle. Although if O'Chul wasn't blown up into chunks, there's a chance Miko wasn't either.

Sock fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 9, 2007

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
It doesn't really matter what alignment she was, Soon made it clear that she's not going to be chillaxin' with the rest of the dead Azure City Paladins in D&D Heaven.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
Haley should have taken the eyes from the skull. They're rubies, aren't they?

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

Robot Bastard posted:

Ansom is currently in range of five hexes full of Dragons, plus whatever else Parson has snuck into the area while Ansom was dicking around in the woods. And, from what I can see, Ansom and Vinnie are the only big wheels in that particular stack; Ansom is going down, or at least about to be severly mauled.

Ansom's probably going to be okay, I doubt they'd let a villain die that easily. We don't even know what his arkentool does. They do look like they're going to get a beating though.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

Robot Bastard posted:

What's going on with Roy? He's dead. Next question?

Where's Vaarsuvius, and what are the two soldiers going to get a cup of? :colbert:

Sock fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 5, 2007

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
Erfworld updated, and Ansom is in for a whole new world of hurt.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
Why did Haley shoot Roy in the balls? :raise:

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
I wonder how long Lien has been waiting for an opportunity like that.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

The Werle posted:

No! Roy! Come back to us Roy! Don't go into the light!

THERE'S AN ARROW IN YOUR CROTCH!

I thought he can still come back, it's just where he waits in the afterlife.

Quarex posted:

(Also, was the random abrupt King Lear's Fool insertion in Erfworld anything other than some kind of confusing one-off joke? It has to be, right? He is pretty good at continuity, so clearly I missed something.)

That guy is one of the *Mancer things that Lord Stanley has. Also it's sad to see in the forum for Erfworld people posting "What's that guy saying?"

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
God drat Roy's dad is a dick.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

Theodorus posted:

Considering that this would be the logical conclusion, I'm betting on a fakeout on this fakeout.

It'll be a triple fakeout and Durkon will be marrying nothing due to ocean madness.

Assuming Haley and Belkar are still in the city can Roy see them, through the magic cloister thing?

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

NutShellBill posted:

Redcloak is going to be so pissed off when he finds out that his long-lost ninja niece had the hots for Elan.

You know, if my conjecture is right.

I don't think the Ominous Red Text is coming from Redcloak

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

Quarex posted:

Also, I imagine in either the next strip or the one after that we might finally discover why Durkon has not raised Roy. It seems like it will clearly come up.

Or maybe it did in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.
:siren: NEW STRIP :siren:

So what's the spell description of "Electric Orb"? It looks pretty nasty.

edit: Oops :downs:

Sock fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 3, 2008