Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeroc2
Aug 13, 2003

"The glow is the combination of all your past lives, focusing their energy through your body."
Grimey Drawer
I am going to laugh very hard if that little kick Belkar gave Miko ends up killing her, though that would be a waste of a good reoccuring villian. Unless Xykon somehow brings her back from the dead somehow (though I don't know DnD rules so I have no idea how that would affect her badassness).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeroc2
Aug 13, 2003

"The glow is the combination of all your past lives, focusing their energy through your body."
Grimey Drawer

rantmo posted:

Nah, that hit wouldn't do anything beyond further knocking her out since it's just a little non-lethal damage. Xykon certainly could bring her back if she dies, either by having her resurrected (although she would know that it was an evil deity behind it and could refuse) or by raising her as some manner of undead, although that would likely be a sub-optimal choice.

So lethal is a type of damage? I assumed "lethal" meant "enough damage to kill" rather than a type of attack damage

Yeroc2
Aug 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sock posted:

I guess. I just hope she still cares about Xylon coming to destroy Azure City and getting revenge on Roy isn't the only thing on her mind.

She's convinced the entire city is corrupt at this point. My money is on her joining up with Xykon to destroy the city, rather than joining up with the Linear guild. Her logic is so convoluted I'm sure she'll justify it somehow despite the fact Xykon is evil.

Yeroc2
Aug 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tag Plastic posted:

I can see Shojo refusing the Raise. He's clocking on a bit, and Hinjo seems like he can handle the job, which means that Shojo is free to chillax in the CG afterlife, probably with Roy's dad. They can manifest and annoy their proteges to their hearts content.

Good guess. New strip is up for Monday

Yeroc2
Aug 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vomax posted:

I can't see him NOT loving with the paladins once he's seen that. He might time stop, grab the gem and then start killing people, though.

:siren: New Comic! :siren:

Well, that was certainly inventive.

Yeroc2
Aug 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

NutShellBill posted:

Which is a site which apparantly, also doesn't exist, giving new readers to no one.

You have to take the period off the end. But it seems to just forward to the first Erfworld comic at giantintp.com anyways.

Yeroc2
Aug 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ashcans posted:

I was sure you guys were joking or at least exaggerating terribly, but apparently not. Goddammit, Erfworld, you were actually worth reading for a while there, and now what is all this poo poo?

I was actually enjoying the summer updates. Right up until this one. But at least there's a date now: October 28th is when they restart strips.

Yeroc2
Aug 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ConfusedUs posted:

The paladin who, when confronted with the person who caused his imprisonment, forgave said person. Just before warning him to never, ever do that to another person. Or else.

In short, the most badass paladin to ever walk the earth. That's who.

I don't recall this part. When did O'Chul do this?

Yeroc2
Aug 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

That's the point where you look for other, temporary or replacement artists. And it's long since gone past the point of "just making due", since many of the actual important (and stupid) plot twists were hidden in those "optional" text updates. Like, for example, that Charlie is literally the Wizard of Oz.

Any idea which text update this is in? I'd like to read that but I hate slogging through all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeroc2
Aug 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

dmboogie posted:

Thud! is fantastic; Wintersmith, Making Money, and I Shall Wear Midnight aren't highlights of the series or anything but they're still pretty enjoyable.

Snuff is bad and I've heard Raising Steam is even worse? Apparently The Shepherd's crown is better but I can't bring myself to read it. :smith:

The Shepard's Crown is more like a book outline than a real novel. The first half or so sets up quite a bit and the back half things just sort of happen in rapid succession in a way that screams "unfinished book". The way the story goes I almost feel like Pratchett meant for this to be the final Discworld book but never got a chance to properly finish it.

I liked Raising Steam but I liked all the Moist books. It was always amusing to see the Watch from the other side.