Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I'm pretty convinced this act is going to turn her into a screaming, delusional, rage-fueled Blackguard. I pretty much called and anticipated that about halfway into her storyline, and I'm waiting for the conversion any strip now.

EDIT: Also I assumed Miko was a tongue-in-cheek representation of your typical 13-year old playing a Paladin to the insane extremes they do, and what it'd logically end up becoming in an ordered and sane story. That is, she goes Blackguard and is hunted down by the good guys, since any rear end in a top hat Paladin in half the horror stories one hears would end up that way, fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Blind Azathoth posted:

Myself, I'd wager on her getting turned into a Blackguard by, and then joining, the Linear Guild. Even if she is going to become evil, she still hates Xykon, and believes he is in league with the Order of the Stick; the only group she doesn't have a particular hatred for at this point is Nale and his cronies. Becoming a Blackguard also requires peaceful contact with an evil outsider...and conveniently there happens to be one of those sitting in the cells she's probably about to get thrown into.

Exactly. It's a hop, step, and a skip away from black armor and dark powers, all justified under insanity and delusion. Being a fallen Blackguard almost begs one to become delusional and requiring power again for the sake of "purity" and "vengeance", and considering how bad she's going to hurt, all it'd take is a few right words and a prison bust for her to be back in black.

EDIT: She may not need Sabine. Rules also state a Fallen Paladin can convert levels for Blackguard. I'd imagine she'd take a contract for story purposes, though.

Black August fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 29, 2007

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I have no idea why you're all so angrily arguing paladins and blackguards and jedi or whatever, I'm pretty sure the writer of the comic will do whatever he pleases to make it an interesting story and doesn't give two shits about D&D alignment system and how it should force everyone to act. Paladins are cops? The Hell?

I predict that Miko is just a bland old Fighter now, and will either go Blackguard if she encounters the Linear Guild, or she already is one as the author sees fit, and will go about justifying her actions in a delusional haze as she tries to come to terms with being a fallen murderer and fanatic. I feel bad for her, really, but she's a lunatic all the same.