Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

bgaesop posted:

Goblins :confused:

Alot of ways to take this :confused:

He means Goblins as in this comic: http://www.goblinscomic.com/

It is kind of a spoiler that takes place after the first story arc but after a group of goblins are able to fend off a group of adventures from killing them all, they decieded to become adventures themselves to better defend their village. One of them becomes a paladin.

It also has its own rear end in a top hat Paladin in it. A bigger rear end in a top hat then Miko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

FMguru posted:

How does something made out of slightly-more-detailed stick figures manage to have such excellent art?

Because the writer/artist actually cares about his comic instead of just saying “good enough for now”.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Kahrytes posted:

I've no problem with the lesbians. The fetishism is a bit weird, but the sheer quickness they swap from "TELL ME SECRETS!" *whip whip whip* to "So. How's the other side treating you?"

That's hosed up.

It’s hosed up because it completely goes against every single expectation a reader would have in this type of situation. And the comic is even better for breaking that type of pacing/storyline convention. What the two posted above me are probably right: The whole point of this comic seems to be exploring the set pieces of the standard D&D genre and break them when ever possible.

I’m just surprised every one jumped to the lesbian’s angle once torture was brought up. I think most of us gotten bitter to web comics after reading the crap found in Web comic thread, i.e. expect the worse.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 26, 2007

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Brannock posted:

God, Erfworld would be so much better without the crappy Internet culture references. Focus on wargaming! You don't see OOTS joking about how the players bring Doritos and Cheetos to every single session.

The problem is that the main character IS nothing but a crappy internet culture reference, ie the fat internet slob that runs a crappy as hell webcomic. I some times think the whole point is to show just how stupid some of this stuff really is.

Hell, it is not like any one else knows the dork is saying when he switches to the random leet speak.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

SkellingTon Loc posted:

I wonder if a Neverwinter Nights module where the characters break the 4th wall and talk about the rules would be fun or just annoying.

They did this every now and then in the PC/Xbox The Bards Tale, where the Bard would argue with the narrator about how a wolf could drop that much loot and at various other points.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is there a reason why Lawful neutral heaven is being considered worse then Lawful Good heaven?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Shugojin posted:

Well, think about it.

A dinosaur is pretty cool.

A guy riding a dinosaur is even cooler.

Not cool enough until the guy riding a dinosaur is shooting laser and missiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Speedball posted:

What's the converse of that? What's the coolest fantasy idea anyone here's ever had or heard of?

Some one challenging a writer to write a story combining the Lost Roman Legion and Pokemon and then turning it into a best selling series of novels.

Cat Mattress posted:

The difference between a cool idea and a dumb idea is often a question of delivery and context.

Yepppppppppppppppp.