Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

There seems no plan because it is all plan. There seems no center because it is all center.

Gally posted:

I thought it implied the thinkamancer was using suggestion to control the other two, and that is why she is fine.

No, they were all linked together to make everything work. Remember Wanda saying that linking them all together was one of the most amazing things Stanley had ever conceived. When the link was broken, Misty died and the foolamancer was broken. But the linkmaker, The Thinkamancer, was fine.

The Lookamancer (Misty) surveyed the battlefield, The Foolamancer animated the command tabletop with his illusions, the Thinkamancer (Maggie) kept them all in contact, and tied them in with the books. It's why they didn't need scouts, and had a full view of the battlefeild. And didn't need hats or thinkagrams.

gothfae fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 25, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

There seems no plan because it is all plan. There seems no center because it is all center.

Robot Bastard posted:

There's also the fact that he dresses up like Evel Kenievel. or however the hell you spell that guy's name.

Evel Knievel :flashfact:

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

The Midniter posted:

And I, with my pitchfork-and-torch wielding brethren, are happy to be rid of those who chose to sully our majestic Order with that utter nonsense.

I don't mind one way or another. I'm not going to try and follow the generic webcomics thread nor create a thread for a comic, that while it might have readers, hasn't proved itself regular enough to sustain one.

My only request is that this be blanket. That this be OotS, not any other Generic Fantasy Webcomic. Because the only reason that Erfworld ever popped up in here was because it shared Giants in the Playground. I'd come to this thread, update, or no, and often check GitP afterwards, and perhaps notice an update to the other comic. Read it, and I'm still sitting in this thread. At least that was always the chain of events that caused me to initiate any Erf-talk.

The other fantasy comics that rotate through here, don't even have that as an excuse, and it should be either all or nothing. Not middling.

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

Big Mad Drongo posted:

I was wrong. I was expecting one flail for its head, which makes it even more awesome than it sounded! :dance:

If it actually does good damage with those things and regrows heads like a hydra, I'm very, very sorry these things aren't in 3E.

It's a giant snail that bashes you. Here are some potential converted stats.
http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/vermin/flail_snail.htm

and some for the Flumph

http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/aberration/flumph.htm

edit: those should be 3ed conversions, not 3.5 or 4
edit deux: And if you care Flail Snails are CR 3, Flumphs are CR 2

gothfae fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 4, 2008

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

Idran posted:

That's actually a different conversion than the one I've got. Here's the one from Dungeon (With an LA!):

http://www.mysidia.org/flumph.txt

Yay, I get to start off two levels in debt, to be something that can be flipped on it's back and baked in the sun. Leon killed a guy over that.

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

Davethulhu posted:

Believe it or not, pennagalans are from actual mythology.

Edit: and apparently also a line of fetish boots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amIA6TOgJZQ

Here's one now.. I have this movie on DVD.. it's.. yeah...

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

Scopedog posted:

Ooooh, some poo poo-talking towards Erfworld there.

IMJack posted:

"If you can't find a way to cut back on the weepy melodrama, I swear I'll start dropping random pop culture references."

In a comic full of pop culture references with at least one direct reference to the Dead Parrot sketch in that very comic (Joined the Choir Invisible), and the whole strip an hommage to it, I think you are projecting your bile. Rich is just making fun of himself, he dosn't need to 'dig' anyone elses strip.

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

Connecting the Dots in 3... 2... 1...

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

SlimGoodbody posted:

What the christing gently caress is even going on in today's Erfworld?

We were specifically told by Hermanos not to talk about that comic in this thread, either start a thread or don't, but don't bring it up in here. I thought what was happening was fairly obvious.

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

team overhead smash posted:

:siren:New strip is up:siren:

Whoever called Roy hanging with Gygax was dead on.

Thank you Rich. Thank you Roy.

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

rantmo posted:

I'm glad I was right, but dammit I'm getting all weepy over here. :unsmith:

I've felt that way since I found out. And for some reason I can't get Dan Fogelberg's 'Leader of the Band' out of my head.

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

Women's Rights? posted:

...yes :shobon:. Sorry, Xykon.

- Pft...

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

ZorbaTHut posted:

I'd actually be more shocked if we didn't eventually get a reveal.

Maybe it's a baby Snarl.

Which would be of course why "Historical Flashbacks" are done in crayons, and The MitD can't see or even register that the gates exist. Just because we have one view of what the snarl is, doesn't make it correct, only biased.

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

Jonked posted:

the rules say

Well, technically, people keep laying out the typical tenants of the Paladin. We honestly have no idea what the tenants of the Paladins of the Sapphire Guard are. Obviously turning your back on everything the guard stands for and then playing kill the liege lord is right out. Beyond that, unless the Sapphire guard lists off what their Paladins code of honor is, we can quote rules all day, and still be wrong.

And obviously it's The Twelve who are going to determine what a 'Gross Violation' of the code is. After all, it's their call to strip the Paladin of his powers. I mean, A Paladin of Tyr, The Norse God of Law, is going to get a lot less leeway than a Paladin of Byggvir, the Norse God of Beer.

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

Cabbit posted:

I would imagine mitigating circumstances like that, however, is going to make the Atonement much easier. I still don't buy that extraplanar beings constructed out of no small part pure Lawfulness are going to say "Nah man, s'okay if you break the rules if you have a good reason. They're really more guidelines anyway.:coolfish:"

They aren't Paladins to Modrons.... Yeah, I'm sure a Modron is going to be a stickler to that "following the rule to the letter" gig, but the metaphysical personification of The Twelve?

Again. The Twelve determines what a 'gross violation' is, and their Code of Behavior has never been defined, and the rules for paladins does like to use the word 'typical' for it's code of conduct, implying there are others. Especially since Paladins as written are based on a bastardization of western/european philosophy, and the Sapphire Guard is based on Eastern. We have no idea what their Code consists of.

So imagine all you like, but the fact remains that until Rich hits O-Chul with punishment, if he ever does, it's moot, all fun dampening rules lawyering aside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

Winson_Paine posted:

Umm guys, if you want to houserule the paladin, that's cool, but from the SRD:

code:
Code of Conduct

A paladin must be of lawful good alignment and loses all class abilities
if she ever willingly commits an evil act.

Additionally, a paladin’s code requires that she respect legitimate 
authority, act with honor (not  lying, not cheating, not using poison,
and so forth), help those in need (provided they do not use the 
help for evil or chaotic ends), and punish those who harm or threaten
innocents.
Not lying is pretty explicit.

From almost the very next paragraph.

code:
A paladin who ceases to be lawful good, who willfully commits an evil act, 
or who grossly violates the code of conduct loses all paladin spells and abilities .
gross: conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible; "a crying shame"; "an egregious lie"; "flagrant violation of human rights"; "a glaring error"; "gross ineptitude"; "gross injustice"; "rank treachery"

It's not a matter of 'houseruling' it's a matter of it providing two radically different definitions in one page.

One has "Does this dress make me look fat" as a trigger for losing paladin hood.

This implies that being lawful good, and not committing evil acts is separate and distinct a qualifier from adherence to the Code of Conduct.

gothfae fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 9, 2008