Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

Oh, and I am the only one who finds themselves using The Monarch's voice when reading Xychon's lines? I can't help it, but when I realised what I was doing it made me want an OotS cartoon, or even just a Xychon flash or something :awesome:

Sorry, all undead leaders sound like Mumm-Ra to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I find it amazing how much of the strip I understand, yet I've never rolled up a character and played D&D. I nerd through osmosis, and playing popular RPGs.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Belkar kills at least one person on the list, the way the question was worded he may kill as many as all 5.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gassire posted:

Not to mention vampires that must obsessively swallow any animal put in front of them.

That's still better than those poor OCD Chinese vampires.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
What kind of a jackass commander makes sure you know how futile your situation is right before the fight? Jesus, does he crash 5 year olds' birthday parties just to make sure they understand that we all die someday?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
:siren: New strip! :siren:

Maybe I need a refresher on Belkar's Mark, but isn't he still useless in this situation?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
That all depends on if the Elves are prancing ponces, or more along the mythological vein.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
World Domination through the blackmail of World Destruction is a time honored villainous plan.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cowcaster posted:

Man, you were one of those people who got all upset when the science-fiction-bullshit plot to Y the last man was resolved through science-fiction-bullshit, aren't you?

Hey now. We don't have anything to do with Happy Elf, and think his list of complaints are as silly as you do.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
And the mystery of the glowing sword is solved. You're making Roy angry, you wouldn't like Roy's sword when he's angry.

Unless you think green glowing swords are awesome, then you might like it a lot.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 3, 2007

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The Mark only keeps him from killing things inside cities.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Vomax posted:

I really liked Belkar in this last strip, though I wish we could have seen the slaad. :frog:

I thought we did, and it was the missing Angel.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fuego Fish posted:

+

Anyway, that's all just conjecture v:shobon:v

I hope so, because I like that explanation.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Thanks, now I can't see anything but the dick. They were horses legs till I read this thread, drat it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Yes, yes, poor Roy. But what about Belkar, how will this effect him?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Spaz mk. 2.0 posted:

It makes a great day into the BEST DAY EVER.

Well, it's either the best day ever or the worst. Since the mark was tied to Roy, his death will likely either negate it(BEST DAY EVER), or activate it(WORST DAY EVER).

Though if Belkar is growing gradually weaker, to the point where he's unable to kill anything, does that make it so he starts getting experience from all these hobgoblins?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gassire posted:

What if it didn't effect the spell at all and they have to lug Roy's corpse around to avoid the ill-effects. Though we know Durkon's high enough to cast raise dead it'll just be a factor of having to do some quest to appease Thor to be able to cast the spell. Nordic gods aren't too big on restoring the dead.

That's certainly another option, but when Belkar was counting on the res to gently caress with Miko V only raised the objection of regent cost. I'm pretty sure Azure City will spot the diamonds and stuff for Roy's res. Belkar would definitely been hosed though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Durkon is mighty tan for a Dwarf.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, but he's never carried a quarterstaff. No one in the Order does, unless you count the Quarterstaff card in the board game.

What about his club he carried around while his sword was broken? Wouldn't that have been much better as a shillelagh than a 2X4 club?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Fuego Fish posted:

I saw some OotS books in my local comic book shop today. I was considering picking them up until I saw they'd been marked as �0�510 whereas on the back it proudly proclaimed them to be worth about $13 or so.

In case you ain't been keeping up with things, that's worth around �0�56. So I thought "I don't want them so bad I'll pay almost twice what it actually costs."

I flipped through the Origin book, though, and found the few panels I alighted 'pon to be rather amusing.

How much is 0,,510 or 0,,56? What the hell have you Europeans done to monetary denotation? I'll roll with commas where periods should be, and periods where commas should be. But I'll be damned if I'll accept anything other than base 10. :colbert:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is that Shojo, or the founder of Azure City calling forth his army?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gyges posted:

Is that Shojo, or the founder of Azure City calling forth his army?

Never mind, it's Soon. The difference is that Shojo had a goatee in addition to his Foo Manchu.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Brannock posted:

What about that one paladin who offed herself, then?

I didn't see her join the Paladin Host.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Here's a waffleimages copy of the strip since the site's going to go down like a drunk girl on prom night any moment now.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
All I can say is, Belkar is truly badass.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Kahrytes posted:

Yeah? Well, according to Wikipedia, my testicles weigh more than a sperm whale.
Each one of them does.

That's got to be hell on your back.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Robot Bastard posted:

The bit where the guy yells for his troops to fire their arrows?

drat it, I'm a horrible nerd for not noticing that error till you just pointed it out.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
How would the punches/kicks of someone with monk skills stack up versus spectral swords on a Lich? Perhaps the 12 gods do indeed work in mysterious ways.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I thought she had a bonus feat or two from her time as a monk. I could be misunderstanding what a monk does in D&D though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

NutShellBill posted:

She walked in just in time to see Xykon fighting Soon, and Redcloak turning undead, something evil clerics can't normally do. She has a penchant for jumping to conclusions... O-Chul and a vanquished/defeated Soon can't defend their position... And she's still hell-bent on getting revenge against the OOTS. Yep. This is going to end poorly.

She believes both Xykon and Redcloak to be even worse than the Order of the Stick. There's no way she's going to help them. The ghost of Soon does nothing but impart how serious this is to the 12 gods, and how totally awesome of a servant she is to be fighting along side Soon.

I'm kind of hopping that Xykon and Redcloak are defeated, and either Soon is able to talk some sense into Miko or he turns out to be just as much of a stuck up rear end as her and Hinjo joins OOTS.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

greatn posted:

How did Redcloak and Xykon escape is my question. They didn't even start moving till almost the same round Miko destroyed the crystal, and that was huge explosion. It's reminding me of one of those bad animes where they'll have the bad guy almost defeated andh e always escapes at the last minute. Or season 4 of 24.

They were flying away. Shockwaves, much like falling, rely on impact with solid objects to harm you through sudden deceleration. If you're flying away from the blast however, all it's going to do is increase your flight speed. The Doppler effect on Xykon's evil cackling should be pretty rad though.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 11, 2007

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
True enough, but this doesn't work so well against skeletal undead who are already flying away as fast as their overland flight spell will let them. Notice that Xykon is between Redcloak and the explosion, the better to protect a smash prone phylactery.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Here's a waffleimages link for when the site inevitably goes down.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Objective Action posted:

No no no, see those are all actually kind of cute and/or funny. That is not how rule 34 works at all.

This is rule 34 :pseudo:
:nws::nms:You probably shouldn't click on this...:nms::nws:

Now which should worry me more, that it was so easy for me to find images for this, or that this was the only one I could post outside of FYAD?

I would have thought rule 34 wouldn't require me to think about the picture for a few minutes, before I realized who was in it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

KaLogain posted:

So they have to say the breath too?

Nah, that's an automated response. It's the being informed that you've just pissed and shat yourself, while talking to an NPC, that you have to worry about.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
That last pannel is just perfect.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Lurdiak posted:

I'm guessing it's cutting his soul and it's more of a torture device than a real weapon. Note that the big guy didn't really use it much until that final blow, and Ears was already pretty much defeated by then.

When used previously on Senor Vorpal Kickass'o, the ax acted like a normal ax.

http://goblinscomic.com/d/20060918.html

Could a Paladin's sense evil ability give him a vision of what might happen when he meets the evil?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
What does TWF stand for?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Durkin sounds like John Rhys-Davies, and there's nothing you can do to change it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Given that Haley is counting on Durkon to magically contact her, and Xykon says he just took the city off the grid, my guess is that he just cut off the city from all magical contact.