Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Cooking with the shoeless god of war.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Since he's got tears coming from the eye-patch, I'm in the Elan thinks eye-patches are stylish boat.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
But that's not Atheism, that's more akin to apathy.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I just wish Goblins would stick with one of it's plots for more than,at best, two consecutive updates at a time.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
He's in the basket they're carrying.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I knew that's where Belkar was. The sexy shoeless god of war would never abandon his companions. Not when they're in a city full of potential victims anyway.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
:siren:New strip is up:siren:. Symmetry is a grand thing.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Here's the strip in the event the site goes down.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BlueArmyMan posted:

I just figured that O-Chul was telling the truth, and Redcloak expected him to lie so much that he wrote off whatever O-Chul's answer would be as a lie automatically v:shobon:v

I just figured that his charisma was so low that despite telling the truth, Red Cloak didn't believe him. I mean, it's an illusionary maze of death, hidden from all magical intrusion, with a Sphinx like Quiz Show chaser. It takes real charisma to sell that even if it is the truth.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New strip is up, and here for the inevitable inability to access the site.

Redcloak gives paladins far too much credit when it comes to not following silly oaths sworn.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Noonsaliwah posted:

Why have we suddenly got japanese honorifics, monster-san?

The pseudo-Japan location is where they came from.

quote:

And to stem any conspiracies- Right-eye is a character from Start of Darkness .

I prefer to think that monster-san is a TLC fan, but can't quite remember the names.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
New strip is up.

Man, Elan really should have seen that coming. Where's your Bard powers of plot progression, man?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Affi posted:

I see you havn't read enough fantasy to realize that real swordsmasters look people in the eyes when they fight! Hah!

Only the sucky sword masters can even see. Blindness makes the best fighters, and deafness probably would make you an epic level bard.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Nah, it's still a very stupid plan since no matter how restrained Haley was in her thievery, they still have no money with them. Not to mention ensuring an astronomical cost by stipulating everyone but Blind Pete be raised from the dead. Plus the whole thief and shoeless god of war on the verge of winning the day anyway.

What kind of an idiot negotiates a deal without knowing the actual costs involved anyway? Celia is a horrible lawyer with a stupid plan and irrational morals.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 11, 2009

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

ZorbaTHut posted:

One who thinks that the costs of not negotiating a deal - namely, everyone dying - are higher.

Well, there is also always the option of lightning to the face of the few "evildoers" not killed by Belkar or Haley. But hey, negotiating a deal when you have the upper hand so that all the murderously evil people are resurrected and your friends foot the astronomical bill that they can't pay is assuredly the better option.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You really have to respect the evilness of the IFCC. Not only are they on their way toward the total destruction of good via simplistic Faustian bargan, they managed to push in that extra little bit of guilt right before completing the act. Plus there was the plagiarism with blue and red orbs, and encouraging both suicide and murder. Really, it's just too bad they couldn't find a way to work a little wife coveting in there.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tripwood posted:

Since the fiends are only interested in tipping the balance towards evil and destroy the celestials, I wonder what the hell they want to use V for. Controlling the snarl at the last possible moment or something else?

I think you're looking for utility when you should be looking for recreation. I'd imagine it's the greatest of fun to gently caress with morals when you're a devil, demon or deamon. Especially a smarmy little elf who thinks it's out thought you, or at the very least believes itself your equal.

Besides, I'd imagine you can never have too much magic wielding fodder to wear down the defenses of the Celestials as you rampage your way across the planes.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Pyre_89 posted:

I think OotS is suffering from what I like to call "The Erfworld Problem" right now . . . The story is good, and all these moments should be really kickass, but there is too much time between comics, which fucks up the momentum.
Frankly, I don't care if he takes a month to do it right now, I think he should draw out the remainder of this sequence and then post them all everyday for two weeks, or however long it takes. That would make it even more kickass

Once you read Goblins, OotS's update schedule seems pretty good.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

terminal mehmet posted:

At least V completely wasted his time/soul when he went off on his own in a huff.

Except for the part where he found a new homeland for the Azurites.

Well, was also successfully saving V's family and insuring no Black Dragon would ever gently caress with them, ever. So there's that.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

terminal mehmet posted:

Except the dragon was waiting for him to be alone which wouldn't have happened if he hadn't left in a huff which leaves us with my original deduction. :smug:

Still totally justified, because the next time he was alone he wouldn't have had an imp with him, and his family would have had horrible vengeance wrecked upon them. To bad evil was the only way for good to sort of triumph. Ain't no black dragons loving with that elf family, and the forces of good can whistle while they look the other way.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DoctorTristan posted:

He or Redcloak can always use Discern Location to find where it is. If either V or Durkon can cast 8th level spells they could find it too.

Isn't the phylactery cloistered like Haley and Belkar?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SithDrummer posted:

I suppose that is supposed to read: "no one even would have remembered."

Solid strip, though. I love Tarquin's gloating.

I love that every strip further cements him as the best villain.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Satisfaction Guaranteed posted:

New Strip!

Oh god not the kitty!

And thus was the Sexy Shoeless God of War awakened from his terrible slumber.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Is that a magic effect around Elan, or just the visualization of his reaction to the kiss from Sabine?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I rather like Darths & Droids. It's like DM of the Rings, only Star Wars.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Who What Now posted:

Yes. Yes there is. It's called playing a 'character'. Is this really so hard of a concept to grasp that some people aren't going to try to make the ultimate murder machine?

I take offense to you calling my Lawful Good Wizard a murder machine. Those were all cases of self defense or, at worst, justifiable homicide stemming from their clearly dastardly plots and my authorization from the gods themselves to use lethal force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bobulus posted:

Pssh, don't bother. The later books are way too much like WoW. I mean, Gandalf levels and what does he get? A free epic mount!

You don't even have to go that far. The Hobbits get low level welfare epic swords pretty early, and then Frodo gets a loving heirloom epic sword and chest piece shortly after.