Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

"We live for Giggles, we kill for Giggles, we die for Giggles."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Nosy_G posted:

So how does Durkon plan to get there to raise Roy?
Durkon is with an fleet full of LG/paladins in dire need of a new home (or at least a new base of operation).
Roy's corpse is in a chaotic (and clearly evil) port town.
I don't think Durkon will have to go there alone.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

DoctorTristan posted:

And all because he said "disintegrate" four times to an imp that was annoying him...
The right four words to the right being at the right time for all the wrong reasons?
Well if V and her mate don't have children yet, how about "I need your help" (four words) to the dragon, right now, so he can help V and the order to save the world (and allow V to lose his/her future children in a few decades :smith:).

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Cabbit posted:

He used Disjunction to counter the Anti-Magic Field; Disintegrate was used to, you know, try and disintegrate the dragon. Or his family, maybe; we won't know until we get a zoom out on and see whatever it was he targeted.
You really think V will go all Keiser Söze and kill his own family? :smith: I really hope the dragon isn't Hungarian.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Mylan posted:

Maybe everything the Snarl "destroyed" is actually alive in the Rift... So the Greek gods, the previous planet, the Dwarf barbarian from Soon's team, all chillin' in there. Or maybe since the remaining gods are mostly getting along, the Snarl has calmed down somewhat?
The Snarl isn't destroying the world, it's just converting it to D&D 4rth edition. The Gods (aka the gm) just want to keep playing 3.5.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

HKR posted:

I hope not, otherwise grognards.txt might as well just merge with this thread.
Well this campaign will end sooner or later (one or two more years i guess) and it would be good for Burlew if he could start a new campaign/comic with D&D 4rth edition without starting from scratch. But hey, it's just wishful thinking from my part: i just really want him to sell a "New Order of the Stick Official Campaign Setting" for D&D 4.0, featuring Belkar Bitterleaf as the Sexy Shoeless God of War.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

You can stop talking about Erfworld now:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

New comic:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

terminal mehmet posted:

When did Redcloak lose an eye? Or is he just losing his mind?
O-Chul's prison break. And Xykon forbade Redcloak from using magic to regenerate his lost eye calling the loss of Redcloak's eye his personal "idiot tax.".
e;fb

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Maldraedior posted:

Wait, who's O'Chul?
The paladin killing Jirix in this panel.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Ashenai posted:

That guy really reminds me of Dark Helmet for some reason. (I'm guessing it's the helmet.)
Yeah with a helmet like that we can half-expect a "I am your father!" moment.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

New strip:

Okay, i wasn't expecting the thermal detonator joke.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

:frogsiren: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0733.html

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Technogeek posted:

I was tempted to include Nyr-Azul, Priest of Tiamat in that list, but I wasn't certain it was related.
It is:

Kotor, Paladin of Marduk is smakin' dragons, yo.
Kotor, Paladin of Marduk has updated his location.
Nyr-Azul, Priest of Tiamat has updated his location.
Kotor, Paladin of Marduk joined the group NEED A REZ.

Clearly Nyr-Azul used Macebook to hunt Kotor.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

:siren:Hey guys! New strip!:siren:

Now someone explain the joke to me?
Roy knocked Belkar back so hard he went back to the D&D Basic Set(1977) rules.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I like how shocked "future Mrs Tarquin #10" looks when she exits the chamber and how fast she is actually running away when the General is busy talking to Elan.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

New comic!

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

quote:

You know, liking to look good and dress in attractive clothing isn't a "girly" thing, nor is it a bad thing. Most people feel that way.
The New comic agrees.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

New page:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

e:fb Nothing to see here

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

TampaTango posted:

Can you please rehost?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Affi posted:

So is the champion Thog?
Well, there was a bounty on Nale so Enor and Gannji may have captured him. Well, with their luck they captured Thug, Thog highly intelligent twin.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

LightWarden posted:

New Strip

You can be Evil AND balance your country budget.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Is Thog a Queen fan?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

New comic: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0813.html

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

NihilCredo posted:

The corpse is missing Girard's purple cloak. That could be the faintest of hints that this is a decoy.
Or the cape is Girard's gate.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

Is Holy a D&D thing or is Rich taking influences from Final Fantasy here? Cause in one of those cases I roughly know how real poo poo just got.
Holy Word. Only works on non-good character, 40 ft radius spread centered on you.

quote:

Any nongood creature within the area that hears the holy word suffers the following ill effects.
HD Effect
Equal to caster level Deafened
Up to caster level –1 Blinded, deafened
Up to caster level –5 Paralyzed, blinded, deafened
Up to caster level –10 Killed, paralyzed, blinded, deafened
edit: beaten like so many dead horses before.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Tinyn posted:

Wow. Sabine got real real.
Yeah, make me wonder if Nale could actually transform into an efficient nemesis if Sabine ended up killed (and not just banished like here) by the Order of the Stick.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

The Rooster posted:

Wouldn't that just basically make up for lovely design choices like being a halfling ranger-barbarian? The same way Epic Swordsman made Elan not a piece of poo poo.
It really depends on what type of vampirism we are talking about. Since Malack is a priest of the god of death for all we know his bloodline is a special vampire-like prestige class with special vampire-like rules. MAYBE HE SPARKLES.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

NihilCredo posted:

You know, I'd been discounting the "Malack is a vampire" theory as a red herring mostly because while the not-burning-in-sunlight can be explained by magic items/feats/etc. - although I still think that's pretty lame if it's so simple - what kind of vampire drinks tea? Did he spend a feat on that?

So I went back and looked up Malack's first meeting with Durkon...

...you sneaky loving bastard, Rich.

(I'm totally stoked for undead-Belkar, though. I was hoping for it, and was kinda afraid that Rich would feel it was lame and he'd "just" give him a dramatic death.)
Didn't V tell him adoption would be a good alternative and Malack said it wouldn't be the same "special link"?

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

run DNC posted:

He is a common lizardfolk.
Common lizardfolk in 3.5 are humanoids with feet and a tail for balance. Malack clearly has no feet.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Niton posted:

By the timescale of his (un)life, Malack's birth was probably way before 3.5.
That's a really good point.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Cat Mattress posted:

Rich used to have a more traditional-looking webcomic on wizards.com. It had a short run. The URL was http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=rpga/hq/polyffs1 which of course no longer works. The pictures are still on the server and can be reached directly, from rpga_hq_polyffs1_picMain_en.gif to rpga_hq_polyffs5_picMain_en.gif.

Alternatively you can see the five strips rehosted on imgur:

I really like the "you enter the town of greenhill" one. You know it actually happened multiple times to multiple gms across the world.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

jng2058 posted:

Durkon did not evolve. The penalty for that was death.
Yeah and Belkar told him to change his beard style. Well, i guess it's not practical to drink blood.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

MikeJF posted:

Even with his Free Will reactivated he'll be under a forced alignment change to Evil, which will affect his personality. Right?
Even Evil, on the short term i don't think Durkon will be happy about the gate being unprotected. I wouldn't be surprised either if he prefer to worship Hel over Nergal. But on the long term who know.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

I completely and totally agree with Rich here. The most important thing is to tell an interesting and entertaining story, D&D spergs be damned.
The Snarl is Rich, the rift is getting larger because of the D&D purists and the world behind it is Rich's new setting, finally free from the shackles of D&D.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Edit: Seriously, who the gently caress is gunning for this site? First it was the DDoS and now at the first sign of an opening someone tries to gently caress it over again!?
i wouldn't be surprised if it was for cyber-protection money.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

pseudorandom name posted:

So is Roy dead again?
You mean in the :siren: NEW COMIC!!!!:siren:?
Don't think so.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

navyjack posted:

Oh well, NOW what the Hell?
It's the Snarl Gate. The order of the stick are going to form Snarl Gate team 1 and forever be called SG1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Pope Guilty posted:

Hey, Redcloak knows who Roy is!
Of course he knows, they are both in the "our name is just the color and the name of an item we carry around our back " team. Red cloak and green hilt.