Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug
I don't have the books in front of me but the Paladin's horse is summoned for a period of time based on the Paladin's level, so it would probably just go poof, if not immediately then after its time is up. In any case I doubt it'd let her ride it in her non-Paladin status. Were I the DM I'd probably have it give her a solid bite before vanishing.

Myok fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 1, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

bgaesop posted:

Where does it say this? I do have the book in front of me, but I've never played a Paladin and can't find it at the moment. :downs:

It's the Special Mount ability gained at 5th level, according to this site (best I can do for now). My paladin died and was reincarnated as a big brown bear (3.0 rules) so now there's a bear and horse tag team running around the woods.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug
Inspired by the moment:

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

TJO posted:

Choosing to lay the page out like that was such a good decision, that wouldn't have looked nearly as good with traditional panels.

Agreed, this was an "infinite canvas" done right.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Taerkar posted:

WHY WON'T ANYONE THINK OF THE CRITTERS?

Seriously, all the critters he tossed out of the bag of tricks. They go splat too?

I'm going to answer this because it beats workin'.

Under straight D&D falling damage rules, they're doomed :(

Under real-world physics, the cat at least has a non-fatal terminal velocity, and the same probably goes for the skunk as they're a similar size/shape/fluff-ratio. The beaver and the mouse, no idea. So at least 50% of the animals have a chance of surviving the landing with broken bones or other non-fatal injuries requiring medical attention. :stoat:

Update: according to this site, the mouse is going to survive, too.

Myok fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Apr 24, 2007

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Bobulus posted:

I'm pretty sure this is the first time it's been mentioned, unless it was in some bonus material I don't have.

I have the books released so far, and it's not in there.

Edit: beaten by the page I did not see.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Ashcans posted:

Being an Atheist in DnD would be really strange when you think about it...

Atheists could just move to Glantri, where the whole country said "nyah nyah we can't hear you" to the gods and flat-out banned clerics in favor of arcane magic.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Idran posted:

They're a lawful good race of floating intelligent jellyfish...

By the way, that's the answer to the trivia question, "What is the only lawful good monster in the original Fiend Folio?" Full of evil and ugly, that book was.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Dirtanium posted:

Looks like V's cloak.

Confirmed. Haven't had a good view of it for a few strips, and it would have been more funny if V had been flipped over or some other such indignity.

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

HKR posted:

Quotes a User Friendly comic, didn't read.

Actually, User Friendly quoted the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Lucas Archer posted:

Sluggy Freelance is still going? I stopped reading when there was some weird space sailing plot line with bun bun as a pirate or some bullshit.

I remember the forums meltdown when Pete switched over to that story all of a sudden. You picked a good place to stop.