Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Lafarga posted:

The fact that I laughed at "Treasure Type O" fills me with deep geek shame.

It took me 30 seconds, then I got it. I feel no shame for laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Human posted:

The problem with all the speculation on what Miko is going to do is that whatever options end up being chosen, they'll seem to be so "obvious." It's sort of similair to all the Harry Potter discussion. If Harry Potter dies at the end of the next book, everyone can say "Well, of COURSE he died, we've been saying that for two years." However, if he lives everyone can say "Well, of COURSE he lived. How dumb would it be to kill Harry Potter?"

It's the same here. If Miko gets redeemed in a atonement story arc or flies into the sun like Hal Jordan, it'll be obvious. And if she turns into a Blackguard, everyone can say they had thought of that twist ages ago.

There is option three. Where she becomes a crazed barbarian or something. Who knows.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

bgaesop posted:

Furthermore, a vorpal weapon does not cut your head off except on a 20, and keen and improved crit no longer stack, so you can't auto-kill someone on a 12-20 anymore. :(

Awww. But my favorite was getting a jewel-edged, keen, vorpal rapier with improved crit, which would knock it down to 10-20.

There was another way to knock it down to 6-20, but if you hit, the weapon would shatter.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

bgaesop posted:

What's Jewel-Edged from? What's that other way? I love these weird DnD things.

I forget the source book, but it was a WotC book. I haven't played D&D since v3.0 was released. 3.5 come as a surprise when I was checking it out later on. I remember the sole purpose of the mini-campaign was to create the most overpowered characters ever.

While 3rd edition can be broken, it's nothing like Second Edition Players Option. That was breakage at the highest level.

Gassire posted:

And people still wonder how OGL nearly destroyed the pnp rpg industry.

Oh god yes. There is too much crap and it bogs down everything. All the campaigns I had either run or participated in were pretty much "Only sourcebooks allowed are: Core Rules, Manual of the Planes, ect".