Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
Its gonna take the rest of the order a long time to collect all those dragonballs and resurrect Roy anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Sept 17th! Its torture I tells ya!

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

I'm trying to figure out what the spell was supposed to have done. Did it start putting out the fires, or did it do something in relation to what Xykon was saying and cut Azure City off from prying eyes or something.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Shavnir posted:

I always liked how it was done in "The Gamers".

"Okay you guys see a mage. Remember you're in the ruins of an old evil castle so play this out"
"Hello. I see your party has no mage"
"Would you like to join us on our noble quest?"
"Yes...yes I would." *gets to his 3rd place in the marching order*

That whole movie is genius.

I missed out on seeing the Gamers II at Gencon when their viewing time got pushed back to 2AM because the only screening areas available were in the Anime section and those drat pedos can't keep a schedule or reserve appropriately sized rooms or do anything but cram their fat faggoty faces with pocky and AUGH I hate you anime losers :doom:

I saw the original gamers real early on before it was a big con hit since the editor/director Ben Dobyns is my friend's brother. I found them a VCR and saved the day for the viewing.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

rantmo posted:

An official one; Murgan. He was based on an old Changeling character I used to play, a redcap named Jack Morgan who was a warlord in a past live called "The Murgan". There's no picture at the link, but here's the card image:

Ugh changeling. Where Vampire players go to wear glitter.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Oracle posted:

Bwahahah! 'Feather fall.' '... Dammit.'

I wonder if this will get Roy to take a level of wizard upon his ultimate return.

A level of wizard and a ridiculously high chance of spell failure due to all his armor? I kind of doubt it.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Ashcans posted:

If this is true it becomes your fault.

Seconded. Gentlemen, we have a scapegoat.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

No! Roy! Come back to us Roy! Don't go into the light!

THERE'S AN ARROW IN YOUR CROTCH!

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Stick Figure art was just a means to more easily pass the torch. It all makes sense :froggonk:

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

I'm definately loving these strips, but I hope we get back to the real world in the next one. I want to know how Haley and the Belkster are doing.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Psion posted:

:mad:

You know it was a few years after I started using this alias that I learned it had a D&D connotation.

I figured I could just ignore it. But noooooo.

That's what you get for namesearching, you gloryhound :colbert:

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

IMJack posted:

Elan, V, Durkon, and Hinjo could still be out at sea, staying alive with Create Food & Water spells but slowly succumbing to cabin fever.

Wouldn't create food and water be a conjuration spell? That's V's forbidden school.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Hahahhahahaha! Why doesn't this happen more?

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Psion posted:

Because everyone's busy reading the comic that really did just update now.

Just how gullible do you think these people are?

If I hadn't already been :f5:ing on my own regard I'd be feeling pretty stupid right now.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Eugene is a piece of work, no doubt about it. Making that agreement after we've found out about Roy's brother and everything makes him a double-douche.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

That patch is ornamental, i'm pretty confident.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Noonsaliwah posted:

I'm pretty sure there'll have been a valid reason for Elan to get an eyepatch, even if he was healed of it afterwards. I also think that the reason will be explained in a book rather than in the main strip. It's just a hunch, but I think the missing 3 months would make a good 'not-main-plot' storyline to stick its own book. (He can't do 'origins' forever, after all)

I might be convinced of this if A) everyone would kill him for keeping major plot of the protaganists in the books, and B) he said when he announced his new schedule due to his health he wouldn't be taking on anymore side projects or books like that while he's not healthy.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

NutShellBill posted:

Read Start of Darkness, that's what I'm referencing. I think She's Right-Eye's daughter that he managed to smuggle away to a mysterious location .

Or maybe just some random green alien chick for the Star Trek joke. But I maintain that I'm right the first time.

I sincerely doubt this is the case, since disloyal or not, Kubota is still a lord of Azure City. I cant see him going to hide his single remaining family member with the same people who slaughtered the rest. Her skin is probably just some sort of ninja thing and not goblinhood.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Her name is Therkla and she looks like she has green skin. Seems to me she's probably a half-orc like Thog.

The coloring would be about right for it, good call.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Stone would suck. What if someone comes along in 100 years or so and decides that you'd make good building material for their house?

Nobody makes cobblestones out of stone fingers, its just creepy.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

happyelf posted:

I wonder if they've somehow got roy's corpse stuck somewhere, like wedged in a sewer, and now they're stuck guardin it. Or maybe it's been zombified and is standing in a huge phalanx of undead, and they can't get to it unless something happens to get the goblins clerics to mobilise them.
Yeah the whole 'crying villain' bit wasn't working that well for me, but the reaction from the other goblins really sold it.

Happyelf! You're alive!

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

I'll defend Melf's acid arrow til the end of time. Color spray can be dang handy too.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

I guess my memory sucks, i haven't played a wizard or D&D in general for about 2 years

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

I love the use of the infinite canvas or whatever the hell its called.

Break them borders! Whoo!

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Anomalous posted:

Nice banner!

Exactly what I was thinking.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Seriously, go create a seperate Erfworld thread. I keep getting my hopes up that OotS is updated.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

green leaf salad posted:

It would be totally unsustainable. Not enough people care!

Then take it to the generic webcomic thread. OotS can carry its own weight when it updates, but you've had 2 pages straight of practically nothing but Erfworld and its killing OotS discussion by breaking stuff up.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

I'm betting anything there will be a "Mr Scruffy has been using my skeleton for WHAT?" type joke.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

None shall taint my favorite thread's purity of essence! The rivers will flow with the blood of Erfworld fans!

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Maybe I'm crazy, but the comics have seemed to be slowing down in frequency during the last couple weeks. I wonder if Burlew's health is flaring up again.

This comic disappointed me a bit. While I'm all in favor of running gags like the poof monsters, I'm really eager to see the plot moving and the band back together.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

I'm not saying I want things serious, far from it. I just would have preferred 3 panels max of flumph and then Roy somehow trying to grab Haley's attention instead of half flumph half offhand air freshener joke. The story needs to move on, I dont want this to be all DBZ with Roy being dead for 3 years.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Nomenklatura posted:

Wait...you want a Dead Roy action figure with removable air freshener and ka-rotty chop action?

Punners go to Hell :colbert:

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

:frogsiren: NEW STRIP IS UP!:frogsiren:

I've wanted to do that for ages.

Come on Celia and what I hope is her ability to see the dead!

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

I want finger lightning. It really is a grave injustice.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Awww, Mr Scruffy is the cuddliest lil revolutionary, yes he is, YES HE IS!

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Hayley! Nooooo!

Oh, its just makeup. Nevermind.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Are Paladins allowed to lie?

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Holy crap I get to do this..

:siren: New strip:siren:

You're all so wrapped up in fighting over draconian Paladin honor rules that you've forgotten about the actual comic!

Good callbacks to the Start of Darkness here.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Nomenklatura posted:

Did the graphic novels get into his back story? I haven't read them yet, and I really want to know what's driving the best character in the whole damned strip.

(That "choose to call themselves good" is just about as thorough a "gently caress you, you hypocritical genocidal prigs" as anything the Goblins guy ever wrote.)

Start of Darkness is pretty much entirely "The Redcloak Story". It covers his and Xykon's backgrounds in entirety, and is actually pretty tragic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

terminal mehmet posted:

Start of Darkness is actually really good. Much better than Origin of PCs.

I agree, though I think one of the neater elements is that its improvements over Origin of the PCs are due to the nature of D&D games more than anything. The PC characters have fairly generic backgrounds and stories for a reason: they're PCs. I roll up a fighter in 15 minutes, come up with a couple hooks like cursed father and ancestral sword, and I'm done. You can create the basics of your situation, but ultimately the growth of your character is largely going to be limited by the scope of the DMs setting. Writing up silly back story beyond the basics may affect things in the future, but by and large you're going where the DM's exposition friendly Innkeeper or terrified villager directs you.

On the other end of the spectrum, the villains are created by the DM. The DM has crafted political structures, cultures, wars, and more in order to set up villains who have motivations, reasons for their positions of power, and all that jazz. The DM is a storyteller, his characters are going to have more story.