Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code

Sneee posted:

So I've noticed no-one's leveled up for a while, and last time they did any real adventuring they weren't able to take down too many goblins at once, or a bandit sorceress/fighter, or... well, not too much besides the linear guild and a couple of monsters thrown in at a time. So how, exactly are they going to be use during the seige on Azure city? Really, only Vaarsuvius and Durkon are in the higher levels, and although Roy's competent in a fight, this is a lot of people. I'm curious how Elan and Haley will play out in battle, though. And I've got no idea what to expect with Belkar.

Well, i really don't know much about D&D, but isn't a Bard basically a buffer? (Jump, jump, jump over the pit).
Elan's incompetence aside, if he can buff everybody in earshot, mass sieges with a gigantic army is where he can really shine.

Incompetence aside, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

That would be 320.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

You just know his dead father is going to bitch to him about this.
What a bummer there, Roy, youknow, if you'd become a wizard like your old man, you could have casted feather fall yourself...

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Umbrella guy still thinks the Death Knight and the other foul creatures in Xykon disguise were his brothers.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Well, not near the breach, but still between the army and the breach. :(

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

So his Holy word is... holy?
Isn't it usually something a little more... personalized, i guess, to the deity of worship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Triple Elation posted:

Who else can see through the illusion, then? Maybe someone who would, in doing so, prove that he does count. Someone who has the ability to immediately see the scenario that just occurred for what it is, which is a very awkward anticlimax...

I can see this working.
Elan could use another moment of usefulness and putting the gang in an illusionary world that works with different narrative rules than the 'real world' means it's just a matter of time.